Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of your chihuahuas scared of their own reflection, or yours? Ponyo was like that for a little while until I came up with an idea. I left a mirror at her level for a few days and played with her in front of it until she was intrigued! Now I catch her checking herself out from time to time... :laughing6: I know that chihuahuas respond affectionately to others of their kind, so this was very interesting to see her go from "alert bark" scared to "Hey, lookin' GOOD!" in a week or so.

It always helps to have Big Bear around, too. He helps us insecure girls deal with new scary stuff!
Bear: Don't u have treats wiv dat camera usually?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bastion never cared for his reflection didn't make a difference one way or the other with him, but I've noticed that my new chi Dolly, she reacts like it's a strange dog that doesn't belong there, she'll start to growl at it. I've taken to exposing her to the mirror more now as a result. I dont like the growling, but I'm hopeful she'll eventually realize it's just her own reflection.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hahaha same with Bruno when he first moved in with us. Used to bark at his reflection on a cabinet glass door. Doesn't mind reflections now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts