Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am completly freaked out right now...I need to go to the dentist but am scared to death to go. (Ive only been once in my whole life when I was little) My front 2 bottom teeth have always been crooked & now my front gums on those 2 teeth have let go Im guessing over time & Ive just noticed it over the past few months...I have been reading online for a bit about what causes this to happen & now Im freaked out that my teeth will fall out or need to be pulled out...Im literally shaking & near tears as I type this (I am such a big baby) My mom keeps telling me I may have gum disease & need to go before its too late but I am soo afraid to go. I feel silly cause my 7 year old has had a few teeth pulled & was fine with it all & here I am scared out of my mind...

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I didn't go to the dentist for years as i was like you,now i go every 6 months .They are soo good these days you don't feel anything.I have had root canal treatment (no pain ) i also have to have a back tooth out,due to infection not worried at all.Go before it's too late and you have to have them out believe me i was the biggest coward,then when you come out of having treatment you think why the hell did i not go sooner.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there anything they can do to save your teeth once your gums have receeded? Im only 29 & am scared to death of my teeth falling or being pulled out...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
OMG you sound JUST like me! I have terrified of the dentist and I too have only been once when I was really little! My wisdom teeth are all popped out but they don't bother me, except when they're pushing through obviously I do feel that cuz I'm "teething."

*hugs* I feel for you. I have seen commercials for places that offer things like laughing gas to calm patients down. I'd probably need something like that. GOOD LUCK,

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol I think I need to be knocked out... I am scared to even think about the dentist.I have all my wisdom teeth too they dont bother me at all & hopefully never will.. My front teeth dont hurt either just my gums are no longer attached there. I know I need to go before it gets worse but I cant seem to overcome the fear..I feel like crying

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
One of mine have receeded,he's going to build it up on one side where the filling is low,it's sensitive when i eat hot/cold so that one won't be pulled ,mine also gives tabs for nervous patients( never needed them ) You must go,your only young and you don't want false teeth when you get older.You won't feel a thing really

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of mine have receeded,he's going to build it up on one side where the filling is low,it's sensitive when i eat hot/cold so that one won't be pulled ,mine also gives tabs for nervous patients( never needed them ) You must go,your only young and you don't want false teeth when you get older.You won't feel a thing really
mine is right in the middle of my front teeth, the rest of my gums appear to still be well attached. I know I must go but am terrified..I so need something to relax me...

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i've spent a fortune on my teeth, i dont have dental insurance. but have had root canals, crowns, and 3 dental implants. nothing ever hurts, i just hate going , but i go 2 times a year to get them cleaned and they take xrays routinely. Some dentists are better than others, i love mine, its good to get a good recomendation

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
You need to see a Periodontist. I would by pass a regular dentist. Your gums receding away from your teeth means you have bone loss. There is no way to fix that. There are treatments that can slow it down, but if not taken care of now, you will lose your teeth. I know how you feel about the dentist. They scare me to death. Every time I go I have to sit in the chair and "prepare." My dentist knows this. They have to go through everything they are going to do, even if I have already heard it many a times. :lol: Please go soon, Brandi. You don't want to lose your teeth at such a young age. The only way to replace the missing teeth is implants, bridges if there are enough teeth left, or dentures. :(

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
How do you get bone loss in your teeth? Is it just the location it affected her or is there something in particular that caused it in her mouth? Sorry I hope it's okay to ask in your thread but I'm super curious. I HATE TEETH. But I'd rather know what to AVOID at all costs.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
i've spent a fortune on my teeth, i dont have dental insurance. but have had root canals, crowns, and 3 dental implants. nothing ever hurts, i just hate going , but i go 2 times a year to get them cleaned and they take xrays routinely. Some dentists are better than others, i love mine, its good to get a good recomendation
Do implants hurt ? how long do they take,thinking when he pulls mine i may go for it

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You need to see a Periodontist. I would by pass a regular dentist. Your gums receding away from your teeth means you have bone loss. There is no way to fix that. There are treatments that can slow it down, but if not taken care of now, you will lose your teeth. I know how you feel about the dentist. They scare me to death. Every time I go I have to sit in the chair and "prepare." My dentist knows this. They have to go through everything they are going to do, even if I have already heard it many a times. :lol: Please go soon, Brandi. You don't want to lose your teeth at such a young age. The only way to replace the missing teeth is implants, bridges if there are enough teeth left, or dentures. :(
OMG Im more scared now thanks T!! How do you get bone los in your teeth what causes that?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Not going to the dentist to have your teeth cleaned, for one. :wink: Too much plaque build up has lots of bacteria that will eat away at the bone. A few other reasons as well. It would take me 30 minutes to type, so I'll share a link. :)

Dental Bone Loss and Periodontal Disease

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
mine is right in the middle of my front teeth, the rest of my gums appear to still be well attached. I know I must go but am terrified..I so need something to relax me...
Find a dentist that deals with nervous patients ,he can give you a sedative before you go,my brother had to have sedatives

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Not trying to scare you, only trying to help. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Get you some insurance. You need to go asap. :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Do implants hurt ? how long do they take,thinking when he pulls mine i may go for it
No, it didnt hurt, was just alittle uncomforatable. i cant remember exactly how long it took, it was a few years back. it was several appointments. The last one i had done , he had to pull one of my teeth and at the same time he put the implant in. it takes awhile for it to heal, and then you have to put the crown on. So expensive, but well worth the money if you have a good dentist do it. My mom had one done and was not done by a good dentist and she had it redone by my dentist.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My sister said that the last time she went in her gums were receded because she brushed too hard, and it just pushed them down. Maybe it's as simple as that for you??

1 - 20 of 48 Posts