Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the scariest thing in the dieting blog world. I posted the pictures of how I am now :( I hate to even look in the mirror and sharing them is difficult. I hope it will capture my progress and I'll be able to look at the, in the future and not feel disgusted and embarrassed because I don't look like that any more I hope to keep you guys up to date with progress pictures every now and then.

Buildthemskywards

Sorry to anyone who isn't interested that I keep clogging up the board with these posts!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Well, Melissa, I can't speak for everyone, but I don't mind you posting about your progress. You should be proud and encouraged! That is quite an accomplishment!

You go girl! I think you are doing good!:)

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
You're brave! I'm in the same boat, had a weight problem since I had my first baby at 17, every time I got pregnant a bit more went on till I ended up nearly 17 stone (I'm only 5ft 1). I've done weight watchers on and off all my life but in 2010 I actually got to goal. Lost 7 stone. Trouble is I stopped going and gradually put 3 back on again. I joined again after Christmas and I've lost 7 1/2lbs but boy, is it slow! How are you doing?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone :) I really appreciate the support. Pidge - I found the pic on google and thought it was cute :)

You're brave! I'm in the same boat, had a weight problem since I had my first baby at 17, every time I got pregnant a bit more went on till I ended up nearly 17 stone (I'm only 5ft 1). I've done weight watchers on and off all my life but in 2010 I actually got to goal. Lost 7 stone. Trouble is I stopped going and gradually put 3 back on again. I joined again after Christmas and I've lost 7 1/2lbs but boy, is it slow! How are you doing?

I remembered reading about that. Well done! I lost 5 stone in 2010 but put it all back on, never actually got to goal. I started again this time around at the beginning of Jan and I'm 8.4lbs down. We could always PM each other for support if you like?

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
ba ha! well done for me, i gained like 25 lbs since i started eatin tons with the bf :lol: bwa ha ha! i try...to make a habit of wantin to workout...i even bought a workout bench and its been dustin away downstairs :lol:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ba ha! well done for me, i gained like 25 lbs since i started eatin tons with the bf :lol: bwa ha ha! i try...to make a habit of wantin to workout...i even bought a workout bench and its been dustin away downstairs :lol:
I think everyone's done that at some point! I know...relationships always make you gain weight! You can't tell from the pics you've posted though!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
i would never post my before and after on here LOL :D u can catch my old pics of my skinnyars in my fb though haha :] i used to wear a size small/med in shirts and size 3 in jeans.... now..its....bigger *shivers*

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i would never post my before and after on here LOL :D u can catch my old pics of my skinnyars in my fb though haha :] i used to wear a size small/med in shirts and size 3 in jeans.... now..its....bigger *shivers*
Yea...I didn't think I would post them either but I decided to be brave and hopefully they will be before pictures and not 'how I am now' pictures very soon!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good luck! It takes balls to post before pictures!! This year is the year I have said to myself I want to achieve something in my personal and professional life. Personal I have decided to run a half marathon in October!!!! I am overweight and unfit! I put on ALOT of weight at uni and went from a size 8-14 over the 3 years. I'm hoping that this year I will get back there again!!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
go go u can do it! we're all behind u! :D
Thanks Pidge. I really appreciate it :)

Good luck! It takes balls to post before pictures!! This year is the year I have said to myself I want to achieve something in my personal and professional life. Personal I have decided to run a half marathon in October!!!! I am overweight and unfit! I put on ALOT of weight at uni and went from a size 8-14 over the 3 years. I'm hoping that this year I will get back there again!!

Is that UK or US sizes? Well done on deciding to run it...that will be quite the accomplishment. Keep us informed on it. We all put weight on at Uni, I'm sure you'll do great. Good luck :)

You're a beautiful woman. :) Sharing things with others can bring encouragement. Sometime it just feels good to put our thoughts in writing. Best wishes! :)
Aw, thank you so much! Yep...I definitely need encouragement. I've found in the past that writing down my thoughts definitely helps and even more so when I know people are reading and interested.

I'm encouraged....you have done so well. I'm a bit of a constant dieter myself, but find that with my thyroid problems loosing weight is like climbing Kilimanjaro with a Baby Piano on my back and I'm on max dosage of thyroxine already!

Now I just weigh myself like this :D

Haha...I find that works! Thanks. My doctor said I might have thyroid issues because I'm always tired and my body seems to hate me. I've avoided getting the blood test for years because I'm terrified of needles but I'm trying to bite the bullet and get one done because I'm sick of sleeping half my life away. Good luck with it though, you can do it, even if it's slow!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You're doing great!! My sister has lost a lot of weight, and her self esteem and confidence has tripled. I wish you the best of luck in your journey, you have done great so far and I'm very sure you will reach your goal!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts