Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heart was beating 100 mph.

We got home from vacation and picked up the girls from boarding. I haven't been feeling well so i grabbed Daisy and the bag of their blankets/pads for washing assuming hubby would get the other three girls. He only grabbed Riley and Roxy. We didn't realize that Lily was left in the car for almost 30 minutes. I am SO thankful that it is winter(ish) right now. This would have been a fatal accident in the summer. And Lily is always such a god girl that one may not realize immediately. I'm still trying to calm down.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
everyone makes mistakes, and like you said it wasnt hot. Dont be to hard on your self these things happen :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Oh goodness. Glad it is winter. I've done that before with Shellie my golden, only I left her in the car for like an hour.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everyone makes mistakes, and like you said it wasnt hot. Dont be to hard on your self these things happen :)
I'm just shocked that it did. We came home and out of four people, NOBODY noticed. It was like 30 minutes before I started looking for her. She was sitting in her travel bag in the back seat, panicking. It wasn't hot in the car because it's cooled down now (for the winter) and we parked in the shade but this could have easily been a very different story if it had been summer or even just last week.

I'm astounded and I feel so guilty every time I look into her sweet puppy eyes.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I'm just shocked that it did. We came home and out of four people, NOBODY noticed. It was like 30 minutes before I started looking for her. She was sitting in her travel bag in the back seat, panicking. It wasn't hot in the car because it's cooled down now (for the winter) and we parked in the shade but this could have easily been a very different story if it had been summer or even just last week.

I'm astounded and I feel so guilty every time I look into her sweet puppy eyes.
The poor little thing, Honey would have been panicking also. but it all ended just fine, and im sure soon enough you will be ok, I bet she is already over it!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Scary stuff! My fear of something like this ever happening is why I am constantly doing head counts of all the dogs ALL day long! It may seem obsessive but I just have to know that everyone is accounted for and okay. :) I think my hubby gets annoyed at head count times. lol

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Very scary! I'm so glad it's Winter and Lily is ok. (HUGS)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Oh Kelly don't beat yourself up dear it was an honest mistake and it wont happen again. You said you weren't feeling well afterall.

Thanksgiving is soon, and this reminds me of a story that often gets told at my OH's family get-togethers. When my OH was VERY young, perhaps a year or less, his mom entrusted her sister to watch him for the day - guess who locked the baby in the car (her keys as well) and panicking had to call the fire department, then the call of shame to her sister to tell her. Heh, a hefty fine from the city on that one but all parties were safe :]

Happens to us all dear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts