Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew's wife, Stacey, was driving home after taking the kids to school and a tiny little dog ran out into the street and she almost hit it. She stopped and the little dog came running to her, obviously scared to death. She gathered the dog up and put it in her car and took it home with her. She thought it was a long-haired Chihuahua, like my Lavender. The dog had tags and identification, so she began trying to locate her owner, going through a rescue group and several people. After many phone calls, Stacey finally found the dog's original owner, who had given the dog up three years ago because of financial difficulties. The dog had been in two homes since then and when contacted, the present owner really didn't want the dog. It's a long story, but the original owner was in better circumstances now and delighted to learn the dog was OK and she wanted the dog back. Stacey was happy to return the dog to its rightful owner, who was thrilled to get her back and the dog obviously remembered her and was glad to see her. Smiles and wiggles all around! :hello1: The dog turned out to be a Papillion, not a Chihuahua. Just wanted to pass on a story with a happy ending.

Jeanette

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My nephew's family just had to put their 17-year-old dog to sleep a few weeks ago and the three kids were so sad. The three-year-old fell in love with this little dog, of course, as they all did. They have another elderly dog that has renal failure that they can't hope to keep much longer and I'm sure they would have kept this little one if the owner couldn't have been found. Some little dog will get a really great home when the time comes for them to adopt another dog.

Jeanette

1 - 5 of 5 Posts