Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of my little guys named Scooter. Scooter is a disabled Chihuahua male that was born without front legs. He is 4 months old now and doing great. A little spoiled but great. He will get his wheelchair cart in 2 months and then the fun begins. He's hard to keep up with now but wait until he gets his wheels.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
they are both supercute !!! when i think of it i get tears in my eyes !! but he probably has a wsonderful life :wave: ...thanks to you !

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
oh my gosh... what a cute little guy!! I'm so sorry about his legs, or lack thereof - but he doesn't seem to mind all that much! I bet he'll be a REAL Scooter when he gets his wheelchair!!

He's just adorable. Bless you for taking care of him and making sure he gets the best life possible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When Scooter was born he looked normal and I didn't notice he was missing his legs. After his mom had him and his completely normal brother cleaned up I picked them up to see if I had girls or boys. I picked up Scooters brother now named Shorty Doo Wop because he's a short stuff. Then when I picked up Scooter I almost dropped him. I sat in the floor, held him and cried for him then realized I had to make a decission. Will he live or be put down. He was so perfect in everyother way that I said to myself we have an uphill battle on our hands but I always was one for a challenge. Of all the Chis I have raised Scooter is the most loving. He stays with my Mom while I am away and they have fallen in love with each other. Scooter has learned to releave himself without making a mess and eats, drinks and does everything the others do. He knows he is special and eats up all of the attention. I have a cart on order and when he is 6 months old he will be fitted for it. I made a temporary one so he could learn to use it. He is cool with it for a while until he gets tired of it then its back to scooting across the floor like a rabbit. Scooter has all the love anyone could ever want and will by the grace of God and all of the kind folks that have helped him, he will live a full and happy life. We thank you for all of your sweet comments but I have to admit. Once I looked into those trusting eyes of my little guy it was not hard to fall in love with him. Again thanks from Scooter and Alan

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Just today i read a message on a chi board about someone had a chi with no front legs, im sure it is pretty young or just born but i cant find it, i will keep looking as this person might be able to get some help from you. :) Scooter's lovely bless him.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I am so glad you didnt have him put down! I would like to ask a question that is on everyones minds, are you planning to breed those 2 parents again? Because of the gentic defects? :?: I am glad he has parents like you! :wink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I spoke to the vet about what I should do with his Mom and Dad and the vet said that Scooter is a one in a million thing that may never happen again. Not wanting to take a chance I had his Mom spayed. His Dad has fathered several other litters and not a defect in the crowd. The way I see it is for a genetic mishap, he's a cute little bugger.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
What an amazing little fellow you have. He is just adorable. I am so glad that you decided to keep him. I can't wait to see more pictures of him. What part of SC do you live? I live in Edisto Beach down in the lowcountry.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts