Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anything like this on here yet, go figure I would start a thred like this.

Does anyone on here like scrapbooking. I absolutely love it. If I could I would do it for a living... I just don't how yet :scratch:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I love to scrapbook but I am SO BEHIND you guys. I am still working on our wedding album and we have been married for over 4 years! :shock:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
How do you make a scrap book? is it just like a paper book with pics and info? i'd like to start one for chico...i have sketch paper and i can bind it together with these bracelet things i make with craft string, but other than binding it, what else do you do?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I love to scrapbook... I have spent the past couple years collecting a whole lot of supplies and asseccaries<SP> I have got so many pictures that Ihave sorted and I think I might have thought out what I want to do...

I have started a scrap book of Gadget

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Chico's Mama and Clare, I can give you a few ideas on how to get started... you can actually make the book out of any kind of sturdy paper that is acid free, you can use a 3 ring binder to... I found some scrapbooking books (just the book no pages) at the dollar store. They look just like photo albums. you can also go to a craft store.. you can also make then out of paper that you fold and clue together to make pages.

here is a link to help you get started... There are alot more areas on that website to go to get information.. they also have a show on the DIY Network that I watch and get alot of my ideas...

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/pac_ctnt/text/0,2019,DIY_14161_29076,00.html
you can use anything as long as it is acid free. if it is not acid free or if you don't know if it is acid free they have a spray you can use to make it archival, it ph balances the acid... you can use any kind of stuff.. I have used buttons, rocks, wood, ribbon, greeting cards...

They have a special pen that you can get to test for acid... you can use gel pens any prism brand colored pencil is acid free... most art supplies like drawing pencils and that kind of stuff is acid free...

You just have to decide what you want to do and get your pictures out and start putting your ideas together... I will scan a page so you can see what Amanda and I did for her fifth grade field trip.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I wish I could scrapbook! I saw an infomercial, I guess you can say, on the home shopping network for a 3000+ kit for scrapbooking and it looks so neat! I wanted to do one for my bf since I will be moving to Vegas soon. We've been together for 3.5 years and still going... But no pictures!! :lol: :lol: I hate digital cameras! Too much time to print stuff out, but then again, you can edit the stuff you don't want shown :shock: .. haha

Any of you know of a good site to order a kit from?

Oh duh, I just saw a link Gadget's momma posted... Sorry!!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
here you go.. samples of scrapbook.
this is Crater Lake

this was a kit that we used the cover and some of the paper but we added our own things too... the letters are actually cut out of pictures of the lake.

this is the first page. the colored paper flips open and has a picture in it and a space for journeling(writing about the pictures).

these next to are of the hike we took tot he top of the mountain by the lake. It is a double layout. Where the mountain is Amanda has to do her journeling.

second page of double layout

hope this helped...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
thnak you.. there are so many things you ccan do with scrapbooking... let your imagination go wild...

check out that website and you will find lots of ideas...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
MsStephanie said:
I wish I could scrapbook! I saw an infomercial, I guess you can say, on the home shopping network for a 3000+ kit for scrapbooking and it looks so neat! I wanted to do one for my bf since I will be moving to Vegas soon. We've been together for 3.5 years and still going... But no pictures!! :lol: :lol: I hate digital cameras! Too much time to print stuff out, but then again, you can edit the stuff you don't want shown :shock: .. haha

Any of you know of a good site to order a kit from?

Oh duh, I just saw a link Gadget's momma posted... Sorry!!
I use my digital camera for everything.. it is great because you can do anything with them... just like the letters I did.. I made them in word taped the letters tot he back of the picture and then I cut them out.. but you have to make sure you tape them backwards.. It took me three or four pictures to get it right... I always learn from my mistakes(well, most of the time..)

I also learned soemthing else the other day that you can do with ou digital pictures after you print them... if you have regular photos that you no longer want you can take your printed out picture and attach it to the back side of the photo and then clue or tape it to the scrapbook page.. it will make the picture pop up from the page... but you want to matt it first of course... that is what took me for ever to learn.. how to matt pictures and have them look balanced...
I spent hours and hours on the DIYNETWORK website reading and learning different things.. then if I wanted to do something that they had showed me I would grab my supplies and go to work.. even if it wasn't going to be for a scrapbook... it is also fun to make greeting cards and other things for people....

but watch it gals... It is very addictive!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Scrapbooking looks so expensive, Is it? Im always afraid to sink much money into something. Maybe your business could be making scrapbooks for those of us who cant or dont have time or space or the money to sink into it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would pay for someone to do one for me as long as it wasnt outragousely priced. :D You could run an ad in local paper for a month and see if you get any bites. tell folks just provide pics and you'll make em up. :?: :?: :?: doesnt hurt to try :wink:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
no it doesn't....

Yes it can be expensive... But it can also be real reasonable. I have only spent about $50.00 on my scrapbooking stuff so far... I did how ever get alot of the tools adn paper for Christmas and birthday gifts. I have also gathered things to use that I already had in my crafts supplies like ribbon greeting cards material and even jewelery.

you can also make things out of stuff like dog tags out of soda cans. I saw this on the scrapbooking show this morning it was really cute when she got done with it.. I have also used stuff like rocks and sand. like gadgets collars he out grew.. I am going to use them in his scrap book..

i look at it like this. it is as expensive as you make it...

I saved alot of stuff for the first year Mark and I were married.. I have been keeping this box for years.. and it has ballons and evrything in it from my garter to dried flowers from my bouguet . I am going to make a scrapbook out of it but I want to do a few first...

you can also use these that you find on trips...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry my internet went out. I'll post some of my scrapbooking stuff too. As soon as I get it running at home. It is so much fun and it lets you be as creative as you want to be you can use just about anything just as long as you can close the book later. And if it is not acid free just put it far away from your photos as you can so they won't damage the photos. I subscribe to a magazine called Creating Keepsakes. It is great and always has the latest stuff in it. Go to creatingkeepsakes.com the have samples and tips on everything. It is expensive I have a few g's in it already. My boyfriend and my mom think I just like to collect the stuff.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts