Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just thought i'd share pics of Scruffy in his new carrier (thanks chimom1510) which arrived yesterday - Scruffy just LOVES it :D

Today I received another carrier - A Puppia black exchange.

He loves that too and is now curled asleep in it...My lazy sleepy head :lol:

Any ideas on how i can seal the round peep hole for when i need to be discete?

:wave:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pink one is by "small treasures"...I believe they sell them in the states ???

I got mine from someone here... :roll:

And he totally loves being in it, he stretches from one end of the bag to the other :D

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Hi Leena, very cute pics.Can you velcro a peice of black net over the peep hole, fix the velcro to the bag hole and the other side of the velcro to the net, then you can either have it or not, whatever. :)

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
So cute!! I wonder if Carl would tolerate a carrier...then again he's kind of BIG!
He looks so cute in both of them but I especially like the pink one and black one!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Great carriers...and it's great that he loves them so much! I like the puppia one. I have one similar to the pink/black one.

On sealing up the hole on the puppia one, I have the same problem with some of my bags. I've thought of sewing velcro to a piece of black fabric (one on each corner of a square piece of fabric big enough to cover the hole) and then putting sticky back velcro on the bag. The only thing is that the sticky stuff on the velcro may not stick to the bag for long. Another thing I do sometimes is just put a scarf or a jacket over the top of the bag so that it drapes down and covers the hole. Since your puppia bag has the air holes on the top, that may not be a good idea though. On your puppia bag, though, you may be able to get some large safety pins and safety pin a piece of discreet black fabric and just put the safety pins through the two holes on the front and the one on the top to secure them.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone :D

I have taken the advice here (THANX) and have threaded a black chiffon scarf through the holes to block the peep hole. I had no choice as i was driving with Scruffy in the carrier (with leash inside clipped on) and he managed to get his WHOLE body out of the hole...don't ask me how, I should rename him HOUDINI :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laughing aside, the carrier sould keep him safe so obviously I don't want that to happen again.

Anyways, I haven't sealed off the hole completely but at least he shouldn't be able to get out (hopefully) - UNTESTED so watch this space :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
lecohen said:
Thanks everyone :D

I have taken the advice here (THANX) and have threaded a black chiffon scarf through the holes to block the peep hole. I had no choice as i was driving with Scruffy in the carrier (with leash inside clipped on) and he managed to get his WHOLE body out of the hole...don't ask me how, I should rename him HOUDINI :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laughing aside, the carrier sould keep him safe so obviously I don't want that to happen again.

Anyways, I haven't sealed off the hole completely but at least he shouldn't be able to get out (hopefully) - UNTESTED so watch this space :lol: :lol:

Quite the escape artist you have there :D depending on how crafty you are, you might be able to sew a peice of fabric on the bag with a little zipper (just like a tent) to keep him from getting out. if you want to go the velcro route, I think that can be sewed on as well (instead of glued).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts