Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody :)

We are going to buy a new dog (pomeranian) from a litter which is being born on the 5th of october. But we are verry confused about which gender to choose.
We have a little female chihuahua who is 4 years old. She is not neutered.

My worries are:
1) I have read that two female dogs can fight to the death if they do not get allong. 01 Adding a Second Dog to Your Family - VeterinaryPartner.com - a VIN company!
What are your experiences with owning two females?

2) I have seen a lot of post with people having trouble with males marking all over the house. We take our dog along to family visits, and it would be a big problem is one of our dogs peed in their house. :( I have never owned a male dog, so could you please tell me if this is something to be worried about?

Hope you can help me :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't have personal experience with this, but my aunt has 5 dogs. 1 is a yellow lab and then 4 basset hounds. All of them are female and they get along great.

I will say I have a little girl and plan to get another girl down the line.

If it were me in your shoes I would go with my gut and heart. If a boy tugs at your heart strings get him. If a girl wins you over get her.

As for boys peeing you can get what's called a belly band. It's an absorbent pad wrap that wraps around their "junk". So if they decide to mark inside it will go into the pad and not in the house.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts