Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No not Zoey....today we had a little chihuahua named Peanut whom I fostered 3 years ago (didn't adopt as she was MEGA food/toy/bone aggressive and attacked Zoey and nearly killed Zoey (made Zoey have a seizure and she stopped breathing I had to do CPR to save her, scared the beejeezes out of me!) come into the vet clinic I work at acting very strange, about every 2-3 months Peanut has episodes where she walks in circles, paces, throws her head side to side/back and forth, super antzy, runs into things can't get comfortable. Even while being held by the owner, she was moving her head back and forth/side to side. Each episode lasts 8-12 hours, and she won't eat or drink during an episode. My dad/vet thought it was some type of seizure disorder although not epilepsy as it wasn't a 'true' seizure just kind of like a compulsive disorder where she couldn't help doing what she was doing. For now we gave her some valium to try to pull her out of it, then will do further diagnostics if the valium doesn't help. Has anyone ever heard of this in Chi's before? I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. She would also extend her neck and stick her tongue out a lot. Definitely weird. She did look great though. She's spoiled rotten in her home.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Kinda of sound like listeria systems (going around in circles). I'll see if I can find out more. That's so sad. I'm a little confused? Is Zoey having these fits since this foster Chi attacked her or is the foster chi having the episodes?

Have you considered an MRI of her brain? She never acted like this before the incident? Are you sure you performed the CPR correctly? How old is Zoey?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the foster dog who was adopted 3 years ago that is having the fits. The owners of the little Peanut could not afford an MRI. The dog is 3 years old now, almost 4. She has incidents happen every 2-3 months, we do not know her history before Peanut was brought into the vet clinic for adoption.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Smoke has complex focal seizures, sounds a little like what Peanut is having. His doesn't last that long however, but I read that they could. Have they checked her liver enzymes? Other causes could be head trauma or posioning. Phenobarbatal is helping his seizures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts