Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All . I am new to the forum from Toronto Canada.
I have a 4year ,8lb Male Chihuahua.He started having seizures a year ago .
It occurs every 2months ,it starts body stiffening, glazed eyes . Then subsides and goes into another one . In all lasts 10min . No loss of bowel or urine control.
Then he is out of it like nothing happens .

I have been tryingCBD oil 7000mg every day for last 3 months . Still happening . Is the dosage too much ?
Or is there a better brand I can order in Canada.
Thanks in advance for any help.
B04D37F9-4440-4B48-9F12-E798D260FD72.jpeg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All . I am new to the forum from Toronto Canada.
I have a 4year ,8lb Male Chihuahua.He started having seizures a year ago .
It occurs every 2months ,it starts body stiffening, glazed eyes . Then subsides and goes into another one . In all lasts 10min . No loss of bowel or urine control.
Then he is out of it like nothing happens .

I have been tryingCBD oil 7000mg every day for last 3 months . Still happening . Is the dosage too much ?
Or is there a better brand I can order in Canada.
Thanks in advance for any help.
My pup was diagnosed with Epilepsy when I first adopted him. Out of curiosity, do you use a fabric or room freshener such as Febreze? It took me years to realize that every single time I used the product, my little guy would have a seizure within an hour or so of using it. I can't say for sure if that was it, but after banning it from all households that he would be at, his seizures subsided. Banning the product in conjunction with care from a holistic vet that Rx CBD, acupuncture, Frankincense and "homemade" food. He went from several seizures a day to one or two a year. He is no longer with me, but I had him for over 15 years, rescued in from of a donut shop called...Stardust Donut. He was a great teacher. Best of luck and hope you find a solution.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Sometimes, CBD oil is not enough. You may have to go to anti seizure medicines. With all the chihuahuas I’ve had/rescued, only one had seizures, he got poisoned from some snail poison the gardener put out without telling me. He was on seizure medicine and his seizures were controlled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts