Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Diva, 8 yrs had a seizure this evening. I called vet & she told me it was a seizure. Scared me to death. Does anyone know what causes them? She's never had one before. Dr asked if she had gotten into poison, I said no. Is this something I should be concerned about? Something to do for her? She's 6lbs. I am now watching her & will all night... Any advice or feedback is welcomed. She has dr appt tomorrow ...sorry this is in wrong category.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
My sheltie had many seizures,he was put on meds that helped a lot.Best thing to do is just talk to them ,try not to touch them as they don't know what they're doing and could bite.Once he came out of it he was back to normal,it is frightening to watch and not very nice.She may never have another one,or could have more.How did she get on at the vets ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My sheltie had many seizures,he was put on meds that helped a lot.Best thing to do is just talk to them ,try not to touch them as they don't know what they're doing and could bite.Once he came out of it he was back to normal,it is frightening to watch and not very nice.She may never have another one,or could have more.How did she get on at the vets ?
When you say "seizures," I am wondering if you may be referring to something my 6 year old Chi has been experiencing. He will be fine one minute, the become hyper-anxious, pacing, and turning in circles. He cannot get comfortable, totally unable to sit for more than 2 or 3 seconds. Sometimes he will stay like this for more than a day. His vet is at loss and his bloodwork only revealed elevated potassium levels. IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT SUCH BEHAVIOR, PLEASE POST. I WOULD BE ETERNSALLY GRATEFUL. THANK YOU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts