Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone.I have a question.I see a 13 year old chihuahua at a local humane society.I don't mind the age just wondering is this a good idea to adopt one that age and what is everybodies thoughts on that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there- I think it is great that you are thinking of adopting a senior chi. I am not sure of the circumstances that landed him at the shelter but often at that age it's an elderly person that can no longer care for them or has passed.
a healthy chihuahua can live 18-20 years so you Can still have a great life together. Even if it's shorter life you can develop a strong bond. Chis are often one person dogs and are such excellent companions. They don't like to be left alone so if you have a very busy lifestyle that doesn't include a chi that may not be the right fit but if you are able to spend good amounts of time I don't think you would regret having him/ her as part of your life! Good luck to you....I am bit biased since we have 3 chis!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you i missed getting him but iam still looking.Iam retired so i would have plenty of time to devote to a pet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts