Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having separation anxiety asim about to leave Mylo to go to work for the first time since he arrived. I took a couple of days off to settle him in. I feel anxious and guilty about leaving him. I'll be putting him in his crate and m other half should arrive home about an hour and a half after I leave. I've played with him to wear him out and now ae're having some calm down time. I'm going to hide a couple of treats in his cage to find and he'll have his favourite lion and bone. Gonna have to get used to this!

·
Registered
248 Posts
It is worrisome to leave them home alone at first. But just remember that doing so will keep them from having separation anxiety later on in life.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
An hour and a half is nothing! I bet he'll just sleep the entire time. Don't worry so much. I was worried about leaving Gemma home for over 4 hours just recently, but I did end up leaving her home a few nights ago when we went out with some friends for 5 hours, and she was completely fine. She was just a little too excited to see us when we came home that she peed when she ran up to me, lol. You'll get used to leaving him. What's awesome is that when you come home, you'll be greeted with the biggest smile and fastest booty shakin' tail wag you've ever seen! I love how excited Gemma is when we come home. That's the one good thing about leaving her for a bit! :)

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Oh don't worry, he will be fine! As long as he is getting plenty of exercise and playtime when you are home, he will just sleep the entire time you are gone. I know how it feels though- I was so worried the first time I had to leave my dogs alone in crates. When I got back, they were happy to see me as usual, but they were totally fine. It was obvious they had slept the whole 2 hours I was gone.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Just needed a bit of reassurance. I put him in the crate when I went the shop on Monday and when I went the doctors yesterday to get him used to being in there and me coming back again but this is the longest I've left him since I got him. He's been playing with Rich though so I don't know if he'll be that bothered to see me. I look forward to him being older and toilet trained so I can leave the crate open for him. I wish we could afford another dog to keep him Company.

It'll be a bit longer after a while because sometimes rich has to stay late but hopefully he'll get used to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts