Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope its not too late.. BUT I really hate it how alot of people have trouble understanding her name when i say it, and i have to repeat it. They always think im saying "sarah" and its getting really annoying by now, and i know they dont do it purposly or anything.. but I'm just not likeing it as much as I used to... I've been thinking of the name "Keera" or is it spelt "Kera"? I loved that name, but liked Sera because it meant angel... what do u guys think of changing her name?

BTW - im trying to say what sounds like "Key-ra " .. or maybe its "cure-ah"

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:D I think she's definetly not too old for a name change...and is not a bad idea if you are starting to hate it...I like Keera...and I think you would pronounce it "key-ra" but that's just me :wave: Good luck with whatever you decide.

P.S. BlueMo0nz has a Keera too maybe you can ask her about pronunciation :D

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
why dont you just call her angel then ? no one will get confused then - I must be honest and when I read her name in my head it comes out sarah aswell

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
ozzysmom said:
why dont you just call her angel then ? no one will get confused then
That's a good idea..Angel is a pretty name too..I do like Keera but I was thinking you'll probably end up with the same problem..Keera is not common and people might start asking how do you spell it :wink: Just a thought! And if you're worried that the name doesn't sound the same and she might get confused..she's only 8 weeks..or 12 right? so is like you just got her all over again..not time for confusion :D

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I don't know if anyone remembers the dinosaur movies with Littlefoot and everyone? :oops: I remember one of the dinosaur's names was Sera but it was spelled with a C instead of an S. Like Cera. Maybe just changing the spelling will help people pronounce her name better? Just a thought! :)

Jessica

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
If anyone asks what her name is just say that it is Sera and accentuate the pronounciation. SEE-RA. :)

Anyway I can see how that would be annoying but it does have a nice meaning to it. I don't think it is too old to change her name plus the fact that you would be changing it to something similiar would help ease the transition. It is just up to you. I personally like Sera, but I also like the idea of calling her 'Angel' like Clare said. :)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm.. I think "angel" is just a bit too common, and "keera" sounds more like the name she has right now, and its often people mis-understanding me when i say her name. I have to repeat it a few times until they hear me, and its just kinda annoying, and its only been 6 weeks.. imagin after a year :shock: I think i might change her name to Keera.. Thanks for the ideas though! I just dont really want Angel because it sounds so differnt from her name now and is more common, and would also be a little more confusing for her. :D

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I love the name you have for her. I always thought it was pronounced Seera, not Sarah. If you do decide to change it, it's not too late. Maybe when I move and get a girl chi, I'll use Sera! :)

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
is her name shortened from the word seraphin - if it is why dont you call here seraphin and tell people that her name is this but you call her sera for short and they will then pronounce it right - I love seraphin as a whole word it is beautiful - or what about serendipity this word is beautiful and you could also call her sera for short and it will still be pronounced correctly

serendipity means :

The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.

The fact or occurrence of such discoveries.

An instance of making such a discovery.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahh! im having such a hard time deciding lol.. But i think im sticking with sera.. I might change the spelling though.. maybe "Seera" ??

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NAME, MEANING, ORIGIN

SERA Heavenly, Winged Angel -Latin

SERAFINA Heavenly, Winged Angel - Latin

(this is off babynames.com - two differnt names that mean the same thing)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Maybe people get confused of the pronounciation because it is similar to the word seraphim (I know someone with that as their last name :p), which I believe the beginning is pronounced similar to the beginning of 'serendipity'...which sounds similar to the beginning of the name 'Sarah'. Did that make sense at all? If you altered the spelling (maybe to Cera, like someone suggested, or Seera as you said). If you wanted to keep that pronounciation then that could possibly work. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts