Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, our Chihuahua "Peanut" has a severe skin problem. We have had 3 different vets look at her and skin scrapings, skin biopsy, blood, and urine work with no answers.
1. Her ears are crusty all the way down in her ear canals. The tips of her ears are turning black.
2. she has open sores all over her body
3. constant head shaking and itching

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
Poor baby! Have you looked into allergies? I don't know if that'd explain the ear issues, though.

While you're trying to figure out what's wrong, try some coconut oil for some relief. It's very good for the skin. It is soothing, and it also has lots of Vitamin E to help it heal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, our Chihuahua "Peanut" has a severe skin problem. We have had 3 different vets look at her and skin scrapings, skin biopsy, blood, and urine work with no answers.
1. Her ears are crusty all the way down in her ear canals. The tips of her ears are turning black.
2. she has open sores all over her body
3. constant head shaking and itching
That looks bad! I think your dog might be allergic to something related. Did you check with your vet for that? Maybe something he ate or touched. Like my GSD is allergic to pollen and its skin gets all itchy and develops a lot of rashes. You might wanna check for that once. Is he on some sort of medication? - might wanna look into that too.
Try consulting a vet online, there are some portals that can help you here: greatvet.com, vetstreet.com. I have used the services of greatvet.com in the past - due to my dog’s pollen allergies, you can find a vet near you and can also consult them via video call or email them the pictures of rashes. I hope this helps and your dog gets better asap.
Meanwhile, you should try aloe vera for soothing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts