Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lily has a large bony mass next to her spine (the right side). Like, you can see it without moving her fur or anything. It doesn't hurt her if you push on it. I wish my actual vet was open now....I'm gonna be a nervous wreck until the AM.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Oh dear :( I hope it turns out to be nothing serious!!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
May be a fatty lump,simba has huge ones next to both back legs,vet said to leave them unless it's causing distress.Hope that's all it is

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Try to stay positive! Fatty tumors are common, but it just may be a bite maybe by a flea, mosquito, etc. I know it's hard not to worry.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, we're back from the vet. It doesn't sound good. The vet felt it and said "this is totally not what I was expecting." He expected it to be softer (like a fatty tissue deposit) but Lily's is ROCK hard. It also feels like it's connected to her hip bone/spine. They stuck a needle in it and withdrew some cells to send to the lab. We get the results in 5-7 days.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. My standard poodle had a mass connected/intertwined with her spine, but she was 13 years old. 2 is so so young for this.Will keep her in my thoughts/prayers that whatever it is will come back benign.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Well, we're back from the vet. It doesn't sound good. The vet felt it and said "this is totally not what I was expecting." He expected it to be softer (like a fatty tissue deposit) but Lily's is ROCK hard. It also feels like it's connected to her hip bone/spine. They stuck a needle in it and withdrew some cells to send to the lab. We get the results in 5-7 days.
I'm so sorry to hear this! Try to stay positive! I'll be praying for you & Lily!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will be praying for Lily and you. Try not to worry. :)
I have no idea how I'm going to make it through the week. Every time I touch her, it's another reminder that something is wrong. You can even see it when you look at her. I just want to know what it is and if we can "fix" it.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I'm so sorry, I know how scared you must be. Try to stay positive until you know more. I'll be keeping you and Lily in my thoughts. xx

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I know it's next to impossible to not worry, but chis are like children & they can sense when you are stressed/worried! As hard as it is try to stay upbeat for Lily until you get some answers as to what this is. She's young, strong & healthy & it's a good possiblity it may not be much of nothing. I'm really sorry you're having to go through this.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hopefully it's just a cyst...in our thoughts...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Come on momma, stay positive for Lily! She knows you're stressed but we'll all be thinking about her!

We'll all be anxiously waiting to hear the results!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts