Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have notice people like that before on that site and pointed it out to my boyfriend. Where both disgusted. :cry:

·
Registered
825 Posts
There a total disgrace...but people who dont know will pay high prices and not know theyve been scammed wont they. Poor little pups :(

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hey, yeah, this is the ad I was talking about in the Buyers/Sellers forum. It made me so angry. :evil:
I always look at these sites every day and hope i'll maybe find a smooth coat nearer to home than Yorkshire, but these things get my hopes up and totally p*** me off!! Who is going to pay that much??! Some breeders are so cheeky, and they're making it harder to buy a Chihuahua. I've noticed lots of people putting prices of over £1000 up recently for "teacups".

RAAAA!!!!!

lol.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
most likely I feel so sorry for anyone who isn't on a waiting list in the UK these prices must be so discouraging who the hell would pay it????? This like over twice what a good kennel is selling for with a 5 gen pedigree and the parents are show champions

·
Registered
292 Posts
:angry4: pathetic! I also read somewhere that puppies from Tinkerbelle's bloodline are going for between $8,000. and $12,000. :roll: people are truelly pathetic-I just hope that once the novelty wears off- these dogs are placed in good homes with people who love them for them-not as an accessory,like a bracelet, purse or shoes! :evil: Do'nt even get me started on the term Tea-cup! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yep, that's true about tinkerbells bloodline, it's on texasteacups, it's pathetic beyond belief. Who cares who's bloodline the puppies come from, $8000-$12,000 is far too much money for any puppy if you ask me. Puppies all over the world need as much love as texasteacup puppies, and are stuck in animal shelters, makes me so angry people charge that much. And there'll be people who will pay that much too! :cry:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
what gets me is the people willing to pay that much are only paying it because of the "fad" they really don't want a dog they want the cute little accessory that the celebs get to carry around with them..... i paid my fair share for chiwi, and i don't want to start this argument again but i paid a little bit extra because she was smaller and has a lot of show potential...... but it wasn't by a whole lot more that i paid for her.... and certainly not 2-3 thousand dollars like i've seen dogs chiwi's size and show potential were. and i certainly didn't buy her because of the smaller size. i have my own views on charging for a smaller size and i know not a lot of people agree with it but anything over 1000 is too much (unless they are show quality pups i'd go as high as 1500 and i've seen breeders try to go as much as 4-5 thousand for a real show quality pup.)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
My Nemo was sold with show potential plus he was a lot smaller than some of these so called teacup chi's and he was £50 cheaper than the average male chi. Then again I can't help but think I was really lucky to have him. His breeder has already said she will sell me then other chi for the same price I paid for Nemo and I was very lucky that the vet waived all the call out charges and I'm getting the price I paid back. I have been involved with show dogs since I was born and my parents would agree with me you never pay over the average cost for a pup because you can never be sure of a pups show potential untill they are 6 months, as a pup can change a lot between 8 weeks and 6 months.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts