Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9 year old Chi had ACL surgery a few days before Christmas. She was making pretty good progress until last week she jumped up on the couch and back off again before I could stop her. Yes, I know that is a big no-no. We've been good at keeping her off the stairs, but we have a 1 year old (human) baby too and this was one time when we were distracted and now it looks like we are paying the price.

The dog is now limping quite a bit more than she was before the couch incident. We've had her on crate lock down all week, but she still is not back to where she was a week ago.

What are my worst case scenarios? What has she damaged? Will it likely get better with more crate rest, or has the surgery been ruined?

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
My 9 year old Chi had ACL surgery a few days before Christmas. She was making pretty good progress until last week she jumped up on the couch and back off again before I could stop her. Yes, I know that is a big no-no. We've been good at keeping her off the stairs, but we have a 1 year old (human) baby too and this was one time when we were distracted and now it looks like we are paying the price.

The dog is now limping quite a bit more than she was before the couch incident. We've had her on crate lock down all week, but she still is not back to where she was a week ago.

What are my worst case scenarios? What has she damaged? Will it likely get better with more crate rest, or has the surgery been ruined?
Did the surgeon give you post-op instructions?
I'm sure they asked you to call immediately if there were any problems--
and unfortunately this sounds like a major one :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doggy went in for 5 week post op yesteday and Dr said she was doing great. Its normal for her to still be limping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts