Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone set up their own company before?

I would really like to set up my own PR, copywriting and proofreading company. I have been self-employed before, as a journalist, but found that annoying - has anyone been a Limited company before, on their own? What kind of costs etc are involved?

Also, I'm trying to think of a catchy name, or at least a name that isn't around already. What do people think of Griffin Public Relations? Or Knight Public Relations? It needs to be simple but sum up me and what I do. I thought about incorporating Chi in somewhere, but can't think how just now!

All thoughts and suggestions would be fab!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also quite like:

Angel
Honey
Sweet Talk
Dazzle

...words like that...they need to have a positive vibe though - does Sweet Talk?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm about to go self employed, although i am not setting up a business! it's a risky thing though so just wanted to say good luck & let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!
What are you going to be doing?
I still haven't thought up a name yet, which is annoying me! I like 'Blossom Public Relations', but then i realised it has 'loss' in it, so might not be quite right!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hahaha well don't think less of me, but i'm going to be an *ahem* chatline operator, cos i want to work from home for Henry's sake! The things i do for my boy lol. For your names, Griffin & Knight are the most neutral, the other ones are quite girly, so it depends what you're going for :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's nothing wrong with that, I say! We've all got to earn a living somehow, and if it means you're able to work from home with Henry, where do I sign up?! ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
lol, funny you should say that, cos even my boss has quit to do it from home!! As she has a very young daughter so didn't want to work anymore, only still needs to be earning! it's pretty gross to be honest but i'm sure i'll get used to it :rolleyes: also i can say my occupation is "actress" which is pretty cool! My last day at my current job is next friday, then i'm well & truly plunging in at the deep end!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts