Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

SO a little background info on me.

I am 25 (well in 2 weeks) and i was diagnosed with servere hypertension (high blood pressure) about a year ago.

I have always suffered from head aches, problems falling asleep and a ray of other health problems. I had always just put in down to my mis-spent youth.
But after months and months of tests (and a slight stroke last year) it was found that it was just the luck of the draw. Genetics...... both my mother and father have high blood pressure.......surprisingly not at high as me. "Normal" for me with out my medication is 197/176. "normal" for others is about 110/85.

So i guess i am just seeing if there is anyone else who has been diagnosed with high bp at such a young age? And if they found if any foods decreased their bp.... i will be on medication my whole life but my aim is to be able to one day live on a smaller dose....:hello1:

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Oh i have the complete opposite and have extremely low blood pressure 90/70 at lowest!!! and i'm 28 in a couple of months (boo hoo) apparently its just hte way i am. I don't know much about high blood pressure other than its managed by medication and diet!!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I would advise you to get regular exercise, it is amazing what it can do. Don't have hypertension, mine is low-- but it is in my genes too. Do NOT smoke, exercise everyday, eliminate salt and preservatives in your diet and take up some relaxing hobby like yoga or at least dog walking--LOL.

Hope that you feel bettr soon....you are way to young for this...got to take charge now !!

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
im just seeing this now, i got high blood pressure after the birth of my son nearly 7years ago, still have it today, but it is controlled by meds,i will have it for life, iv been told, i know when its going up or coming down, i think yours is still very high if you are on meds, so i would go back and get them to look at your meds again, im, not ba doctor or expert, just coming from someone who suffers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts