Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me about two days (a few hours each day) but I think it looks pretty cute! I went military style because 1.) It's in this season and 2.) I just happened to have that camo green fabric and fleece.

I didn't have a pattern (which is why it took long to make) so I just kinda of looked at some of the basic jackets that I already have and started cutting. It took about 3 tries to get it just right. First I cut it and it was too stiff and bunched up around the back of his neck so I trimmed the neck hole, then the band around the front didn't seem to sit properly so I had to adjust that.. Finally got a pretty decent fit.

next time I will adjust even more for the chest. I had NO IDEA he was going to be so hard to fit!!! They have a really odd boxy but rounded front end!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tricializ - you think?? haha.

I will get better pics eventually, but was psyched to finish it.

There are a bunch of imperfections but in person you don't really notice them. One is the front doesn't lay perfectly flat, the other is you can see some pen marks where I was re-adjusting the pattern for cutting.

I don't know if i said this.. but it's also lined with fleece so it's really warm

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Wow you did an amazing job! It looks super cute on him! :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I love love love it! So cute! I just started making my girls dresses too! Wish I'd done this years ago! Yours came out so darn cute! what a little model too! lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dragonfly - I always say I wish bug was a girl. I would be SOO excited to make little dresses and girly outfits. I guess with a boy I have to get more creative with making stylish but boy-friendly outfits.

Hmm.. maybe I will get some navy blue felt and make a pea coat..

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Awww what a great job! I have to have a pattern of some sorts to go off of and even then it doesn't come out so great. Heck I even made curtains for my daughters bedroom and one of the three panels is way shorter than the other two. LOL But hey I tried!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts