Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I heard that Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo works great for dogs. I bought and used the Hart brand (got it at Walmart) but I am not very impressed with it.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I have a puppy shampoo and a medicated one Sulfodene (?). The puppy shampoo is so darn big I may never be done it.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I agree Kemo's Mamma! Why do they make those bottle's so dang big?? Geez my shampoo comes in a smaller bottle than Bosco's! :roll:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I generally use Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo. I was using a puppy shampoo for awhile, but then switched back to Johnson's because it's much more gentler and I'm not worried about getting it in his eyes accidentally when I wash his face.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I really like the blue whitening shampoos. They really seem to bring out the color and shine in a dogs coat with continued use. I use it on any color dog not just white. :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I use Chlorhexiderm 2% shampoo on my Chi, Tucker. It is mildly microbacterial, and leaves the hair very soft and shiney. I bought it from my vet, though you can get it online.

A good way to clean your Chi's head is to put some shampoo lather on a cloth and wipe the face and outer ears, then use a cloth dampened in clear water to wipe the face. This way no water gets in the ears, and no soap gets in their eyes.

You can also put one drop of mineral oil in each eye before bathing and that will protect them from iritation from the shampoo. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts