Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Amazon.com: Kalaya Emu Oil Moisturizing Shampoo - 17 oz: Kitchen & Dining is what I use for the regular pup's baths, for B, b'c I show him, I am really liking the Pure Paws line. Smells delicious and out of the 3 or 4 whitening shampoos I've used, it by far gets him the whitest.

I bathe them every 3-4 weeks.

I've tried a few others. One I do NOT like is "Buddy Wash" brand. Smells not-so-great and just is a weird consistency. I want my puppies to smell yummy if I am going to torture them with a bath. I've also used the Tropiclean line and we liked that but they are a lot softer w/ the emu oil one.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Zoey has a skin condition so we use Nova Pearls Dandruff Shampoo on her, followed by Keri Cot Conditioner by Double K, and Microtek Coat Rebuilder on her. I love the way the conditioner & coat rebuilder smell.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I use this Oatmeal with baking soda shampoo for Dahlia from Petsmart.
It has a fresh minty smell and fights doggie odors for 3-4 weeks!!
Dahlias head smelled (?) and we couldnt find a good shampoo to
get rid of it.This stuff did the trick.
We figure she laid in a pool of urine as a pup but the smell didnt go away.
It wasnt her ears either.Weird but its gone now!
I tried to post a link to their site but keep getting page error message.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I'm a huge Cain & Able fan! I love the peppermint the best. Yummy!
Leaves my chis coats clean, shiny, and smelling wonderful. Doesn't strip their coats either. :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I use John Paul pet, the oatmeal conditioner and shampoo.
It doesnt really have a smell, but it makes their coats feel and look amazing!

I do fancy trying the Pethead ones too in the future.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I don't bathe the dogs very often, but when I do I use a human shampoo. It's from the health food store, all natural, mild and gentle, and smells like pachouli.

And before you all yell at me for using a human shampoo on a dog :coolwink: I know it's not advised. But Tango had a really bad skin condition when I rescued him, and even though it cleared up when after he started eating 5 star food instead of the crap he was being fed, it took a while and I tried several different shampoos to help speed up getting rid of the flakiness, and also some weird, nasty smell to his coat.

I had that shampoo on hand (I think I bought it to use when my granddaughters were over) and decided to give it a try, because it's chemical free and so completely mild. I was AMAZED at the difference in his coat, and the smell went completely away, with just one use!

I'd tell you the name, but I don't have a clue. To make bathing the dogs easier, I poured the shampoo into a clear pump bottle, and threw the original container away.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I use Cain and Able and Tropiclean, both are very nice. Gonna give the Kalaya Emu Oil one Kristi suggested a try next, sounds like a good one. :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
For Maisie I use All Systems Pure White Lightening Shampoo and Groomers Blue Pearl shampoo. For Pippi I use a very cheap Tea Tree dog shampoo by a company called K-9 Products, its the only shampoo her skin can tolorate, other than baby shampoo. And they both have an oatmeal conditioner by Pure Paws.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts