Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on here on what the best shampoo may be but most of the forums are pretty old on that topic...Can anyone tell me what they use and how often to bathe their chi? I've seen the work oatmeal tossed around a bit...

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I have My Pet's Friend Deep Clean Shampoo. Be sure not to wash them too often or you will wash away their natural oils and their coat will dry out. And be sure to rinse well. I only wash them when they are muddy except for my LC, he tends to pee on himself, so he gets one when he gets stinky. And Tico pees on himself sometimes, so he gets one, too.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Pam you make a good point and very helpful given the number of new members who have joined in the last few days.

My girls are bathed very infrequently. They are SCs and are indoors so it is not necessary very often.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
espree, natural,odor neutralizing, Oatmeal Baking Soda Shampoo
espree, natural, coat renewal, Luxury Remoisturizer :)
I buy them at PetCo. Full groom every 4 weeks.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I really like the Cain & Able shampoos. The lavender most of the time & the tea tree peppermint when they have skin issues such as itching. 2 of mine get weekly baths as they are running in a huge dirt garden & are filthy by Fridays--lol, and the other 2 who are more indoors & just the grass yard get a monthly wash down.
I use the Tropiclean shampoo also but it's not my favorite right now.

·
Registered
282 Posts
espree, they are natural products, you can bathe them all you want because they wont remove the natural oils of the skin and coat, i recommend bathing them once a week and try to get a odor neutralizer they smell GREAT!! and keeps the doggy odor during the week, i got this one Espree | Product Catalog, smells like strawberry jolly rancher

1 - 9 of 9 Posts