Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Don't fret yet, remember you fasted her before the spay. I don't think it's anything to worry about quite yet, she's still not 100%, I remember I worried about the same this with Gretel and right when I wasn't expecting it she went.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Normally they will pee, but not always, sometimes it may take 36-48 hours for a poop, as the surgery sometimes slows things down, not to mention a lot don't feel like the extra strain of pooping so soon after surgery.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Don't sweat it, you'll stress her out if you're worried mama!

I WAYY overreacted to Gretel's spay and it made her miserable :( She just wanted to sleep it off and I insisted on being old mother hen.

Just keep your eye on her the next 24 or so, she should start coming back around to normal.

**edit, I've come to believe that in my experience with both pups like children generally let you know when something is wrong.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
What type of pain medication did they give her? Do you know the name of it? Sometimes if they are painful they won''t eat or drink. Did she eat okay?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Good that's an awesome pain killer...many vets give Rimadyl following a spay which only acts as anti-inflammatory at best for that type of pain which really annoys me that they do that. If you added water to her food, she should be fine. If she's not drinking 'normal' water amounts by tomorrow mid day then I'd start to worry. Everything sounds pretty normal post spay, remember chi's are drama queens and will milk it for all it's worth. Zoey was horrendous after her spay/puppy teeth pull/microchip. I literally thought she was going to die and I work for a Vet! She knew exactly what to do to get me to give her full attention for 24/7 for 2 or 3 days after she was spayed.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh good, glad to know that. I will be keeping a close eye on her, hopefully she will potty tomorrow. I could take her outside, but today i didn't want to because i didn't want to move her around much and she has a pad/tray in her pen so she could use that if need be. Thanks for the advice. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts