Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
Recent 2 days i notice that my male chihuahua started to shed alot. I know it is normal that a dog shed, but this is the first time i see him shed so much since i boght him. He is 6 months old, and when i carry him now, WOAH! A LOT of hair on my shirt and pant.
It is Chi shed heavyly 2 months once or 3 months once?
He didn't have any sign of skin problem, he still running here and there, healthy, no scratching at all and i feed him Eukanoba small breed + Lamb and Rice puppy food.
The thing is, i started see some 'bald' on he's ARM PIT!he got stress? Or because Vacine?I bring him for final injection 5 days ago.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Buster (the white one) was shedding ALOT and is still shedding some. He doesn't have any skin problems either, it's just he is a shedder :) . My tri-color doesn't shed as much or maybe I just don't notice it as much. As for the bald armpits, both of my boys are like that. Well they aren't completely bald but definitely have way less hair there. :wave:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Remember that old commercial for vaccums? I know it was a cat but I swaer now when Sun sneezes he explodes in a huge puffball of hair. This is in the last few weeks too. But I think his case is it warmed up here to shorts and sandals weather and that triggered his shedding. Its been really hard to handle as my dad HATES dog hair.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so what i suppose to do? He like SUNBATH ALOT! he will go for sunbath every morning from 8am-11am!

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Brush him more to remove the loose hair before it falls all over the floor and other places.
You can also get a flea comb, they help getting the loose hair out. They are not just for fleas.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
This is kind of silly, but I've used a lint roller on my dog before. I find that brushing works well, but then all the hair falls to the ground or couch during that procedure! Sadie is a BIG shedder, and she has white hair while Kristin and I normally wear dark colors...soo...I'll either use the lint roller on me or the dog.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my dog armpits is begin to 'bald'.... really no hair at all... i hope that this is he shed season. cos never see him shed like this before.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Dont be surprised if the armpit area & back of legs etc stays bald......that is normal. Even the head in some spots may be bald -- its not the prettiest sight but........chi's are prone to that! I freaked when it first happened too.

Kemo lost a patch of hair on the top of his head this last season and it never grew back! I hate it! :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o..no

ow..my.... never grew back.... that's bad...
Do you guys thing nutrition will help? i mean feed him with cod liver oil.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Re: o..no

weew said:
ow..my.... never grew back.... that's bad...
Do you guys thing nutrition will help? i mean feed him with cod liver oil.
it a chi thing! Love him bald or furry :D
it may grow back if he's getting a good diet then I would not be concerned. If he is itchy etc then its something else

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I would add about a 1/2teasp. of Flax Seed Oil to his diet. It will help his coat and skin tremendously. It is excellent for any skin conditon. You can get it at any Health Food Store....good luck!

Sandra

1 - 11 of 11 Posts