Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
My smooth coat sheds a lot so I've stopped him from coming in on the lounge because I hate dog hair going everywhere especially on ur clothes. Do long haired chihuahuas shed as much as smooth coats? How can I prevent them from shedding ?

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I don't know anything about LC chis, but Lulu sheds more this time of year. Also, the 2 months of March and April that she was on ZP she didn't shed 10 hairs! I have started her on Acana and Nupro that advertises they will not "blow their coat." I intend to give the Nupro 2 months like they say to get in their system and if she is still shedding I will call them and advise them she still sheds.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What's nupro? And where do you buy this from... Vets? I might try especially fish oil because my short hair is molting like crazy lol

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Finding little clumps doesn't sound normal.

My 3 don't lose hair at all, but they are fed on raw & Ziwipeak.

Even after I've bathed all 3 and let the wash water out, after 3 heavy duty shampoos, there's no hair in the waste catcher at all, none. Same with the rinse water, still no hairs in the waste catcher.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Molly(our only short coat) sheds like crazy, but our long coats,we never have a problem with them shedding.If it continues,it may be an allergy he has developed.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hey cherper dex has been doing the same recently. usually its just small matts here and there but its been pretty constant couple of weeks as well. i thought it was normal though since lcs shed at the seqsons they do. i was thinkin of givin him a bath tonight as i bought new shampoo and conditioner to see if it helps. he has been itchin more too

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
All my chihuahuas, Long coated and smooth shed! I'm thinking it's just his winter coat coming out...:) Oh, and my girls shed all year...just more as it approaches summer.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Both of my dogs are shedding. I use a kong zoom groom and they both love it! It works great on double coats like gildas and short coats like picos

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
just took a pic of the 2 furballs i found. sometimes its like a circular clump and sometimes its like the big wad of hair LOL...how about urs?

someone told me it could be the extreme hot weather we been having too. today was a high 90's but we have AC inside the house...could just be the air itself since its been so humid and yucky >.< oh yea i wanted to ask has ur pup been shaking his head like hes tryin to get somethin off of his fur? dex does this every once in a while after scratchin around his neck or head area

1 - 17 of 17 Posts