Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I joined this forum a couple months ago when we adoped our chi, Chloe and have been strangely absent. Sorry about that, crazy busy summer! (LO starting kindergarten!) Chloe has been doing well and I want to thank everyone who recommended giving the Poochie Bells a try, she rings the bell to go out now! yay! Anyway, to the point...Do your smooth coats shed like CRAZY! Way worse than some big dogs like my friend's lab! I was told to try the Furminator. Anyone used it before? We are feeding Wellness Core Small Breed so we are grain free. I thought the better food may help with the shedding, but not so much. Also we found that she has luxating Patellas :( So far so good though!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have 3 smooth coats and one is a crazy shedder! He sheds easily 3x as much as the others and my house was getting covered with his hair. I now brush with a furminator like brush every day and this has really helped minimize the hair in my house.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I"m just realizing how much Furminators are! Your chi's are all adorable! I see a toy size Furminator and a small size. I wonder which to get? If I get the small maybe I can use it on our terrier too. I'm sure Amberleah's coat will grow in soon, she SO cute!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad it's not just mine then. She has light hair too and it's EVERYWHERE. My Mom came to visit and wore black capri pants. That wasn't good. lol! I guess I'm just used to my terrier who hardly sheds at all. Furminators are half the price on ebay as in the pet store. I don't see how such a small dog can leave so much hair all over! lol!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I"m just realizing how much Furminators are! Your chi's are all adorable! I see a toy size Furminator and a small size. I wonder which to get? If I get the small maybe I can use it on our terrier too. I'm sure Amberleah's coat will grow in soon, she SO cute!
They are cheaper if you buy them on line. I think I bought mine for $18 on Amazon. Still a bit pricey for a brush but it is worth it and compared to the $35 to $40 the pet stores here charge for them I was glad to find one for under $20.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
the furminator irritated both of my dogs skin. They both love being brushed with the Kong Zoom Groom. I love it because its so easy to clean and works so well. Its cheap too. Really keeps the shedding down too. Hang in there with the wellness. Its great food. Takes awhile to see all the results. As for the LP... Many little dos have it and its not always an issue. Pico runs down steps holding his left leg up because of LP, and he has no trouble doing agility!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Dee. She seems to really like the Wellness. At the rescue she was eating Science Diet and the kibbles were about the size of her head! lol! Good to know about the LP. I was so sad when the vet told me. I knew there was something wrong with her gait though - both legs. I'll have to check out the Zoom Groom!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.