Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys, i finally found my chihuahua!! i found this ad online last week and responded to the breeder - after a couple email exchanges i went to visit her at her house in long island, and she is perfect! she's 8 weeks old, and just under a pound. both parents are at 4-5lbs so i am hoping she will mature around there also. this is the first picture i saw of her online:

and these are taken from john's iphone when i went to visit her so they aren't the best quality but here she is!

she is the one with spots, that is her sister behind her.

so excited!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
She's such a cutie! Congrats! :)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Congrats! She's adorable. Post more pics when you get her home. Where in jersey are you from by the way? I'm in Jersey for most of the year for school!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone!!! what should i name her??? So she is just below 1lb at 8 weeks - parents are both around 4lbs - what should she chart at in your experience?

Also, how should I introduce her to bam when i bring her home?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oo to answer some questions - pigeonsheep i went to visit her in baldwin, long island.

jessie - i'm from hackensack nj - i lived in river edge most of my life and moved just a town over last year. down the street from the hackensack university medical center if you know where that is - where are you in jersey?

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
OH, I am tickled pink for you. She is so cute. Is she chocolate and white? I love her ears. I think she will certainly be within standard for weight if not less. Take her 12 week weight and double it and add a pound. Now, that often doesn't work for some but others swear by it. Another trick is the 4 month weight and just double it. That's nice and small for 8 weeks though so I think you're gonna have your "little" girl. So thrilled for you!!!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
oo to answer some questions - pigeonsheep i went to visit her in baldwin, long island.

jessie - i'm from hackensack nj - i lived in river edge most of my life and moved just a town over last year. down the street from the hackensack university medical center if you know where that is - where are you in jersey?
Ok! That's not too far from me... I think it's just somewhat north from where I am? I'm in West Long Branch during the year at Monmouth University.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Congrats she is a total sweetie.. I can't wait for more photos to come :)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jessie - long branch is near point pleasant right? I'm in point pleasant a lot and moving there soon because my boyfriend lives there!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Really awesome news! Can't wait until you get your new baby home. She is a doll. How fun for you!!! Congratulations!!

Brodysmom

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
jessie - long branch is near point pleasant right? I'm in point pleasant a lot and moving there soon because my boyfriend lives there!
No way! I have a house in Belmar for the summer because of my summer class. That's literally right next to point pleasant. Long branch is pretty close too. We'll have to meet up sometime! :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm in NJ and looking for a breeder! Would love to hear more about this one in LI!!! Please share!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She has 2 puppies left!! this is the ad i responded to:
http://newark.kijiji.com/c-Pets-Dogs-puppies-3-TINY-chihuahua-puppies-for-sale-W0QQAdIdZ137094173

The first one is the one i'm getting on thursday. It is SO hard to find a breeder around here, i looked for 6 months for one and resorted to online ads, which actually worked out! she has a little girl and a little boy left - they are both unbelievably adorable. the little girl is a tiny bit bigger than the one im getting, and the little boy is bigger than the both of them. by looking at him, i feel like he might top out at 5-6lbs. he is a spunky one!

I hope i didnt break any rules by posting that link here - i'm just so excited abotu having found an actual breeder!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts