Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our little girl is home today!:D We haven't decided on a name for her yet. Hopefully we will have one before tonight as we get to know her. She took the car ride home very well, she slept tucked up underneath my coat. It was too cold (even in my van) to put her in a kennel. (-12) She has been outside to potty and has gotten a bath and she's cuddled up in my lap as we speak.

She is 14 weeks old and weighs 1.7 lbs. Here are a couple of pictures from after her bath.

How does her weight seem for a 14 week old puppy? Is she a good weight or too heavy?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
awww she is too cute. but her weight is perfect. my 14 week old puppy is 2 1/2 lbs and he isnt overweight. that is just his size as it is hers. good luck with her she is a cutie.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
By the Chihuahua growth chart, which of course is just a estimate she is charting to be in the 2.5-3 pound range. So she will be tiny but within the AKC 2-6 pounds, so all is good:) She is really cute.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!! I was a little worried that she was too small. I'd prefer heathly and on the bigger side than small and ill. I got her kennel all set up with a blanket, a chewie, and a stuffed toy so she has someone to cuddle with. She seems to be a big cuddler and loves to hide under blankets, shirts etc. She spent some time in her kennel while I worked out...she fussed just a bit, but I put her so she could see me and she soon settled down, found her chewie and chewed for a bit, then fell asleep.

I know I should feed her about 3 times a day? Any idea on the amount..or just as much as she'll eat?

:)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
She is precious!!!!!! I love long hair chis =)

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
As of this morning..she is still nameless. DH and DD have made suggestions but so far nothing permanent. The list so far is: Annie, Gwynevere, Tabitha, and a few ones I will leave out that the DH suggested that I can't even remember..lol.

We found out late last night that she LOVES to fetch! She is soo adorable it isn't even funny. (yeah I know I'm biased :) ) We had no accidents in the house, and we're taking her outside to potty with our other pups. So far..so good. She ate well last night and was a little food hound this morning.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i would recommend leaving food at for her all day and night. chis tend to have hypoglycemia and this is a good way to prevent any episodes. she is very cute. good luck. oh and she looks like a tabitha to me.lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts