Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to update, I got her home now, she did fine. whew! :) They said she was the favorite in the post op room because she was so funny and cute after surgery. lol wagging her tail and acting all silly(still pretty doped up)
She is very tired acting but wagging her tail and glad to see us. She is resting in her bed all covered up, not interested in food at all or water yet. There are no visible stitches so i'm puzzled about that one. And apparently i dont' have to take her back for any removal of stitches either.
THey took out 6 baby teeth and put her chip in.:hello1: She also got a rabies shot while she was there. Poor thing been through the ringer. I am gonna baby her all weekend. Then on monday my son has to go to an oral surgeon to get a permanent tooth taken out. :( SO i'll be babying him, and tuesday is my youngest sons birthday. WHat a month. lol
Oh she weighed 6 lbs 2 oz at the vet this am. ;)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Yay so glad she is home with you and that all went smoothly! Big relief off your mind, I'm sure. I'm sure she has lots of babying coming her way now. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
wow.... what an ordeal for poor little Leila... I know you will baby and pamper her... give her a gentle pat on the head from Chico and me

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
So happy that little Leila is home safe and sound! What a relief!! I'm sure she's glad to be back at home. Awesome news.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm so happy to hear your baby is home and doing well. Kisses and hugs sweet Leila. <3

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Glad she is just fine :) What a good little girl being so big and brave, and I know it's a lot to have done at once but at least she didn't have to be awake for the rabies shot and microchip!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
she just ate a bit of softened kibble and scrambled egg. Didn't give her much they said she could vomit. She also took her pain pill.
She's not doing anything but laying still. She looks so meek and pitiful.
I was holding her earlier and ever couple mins. she'd like have a contraction, well hard to describe what i mean...kinda like when your vomiting and your stomach muscles jerk. I hope that's normal. :( She doesn't seem in pain or anything just extremely calm and tired.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Sounds like she pulled through great! I hope she has a speedy recovery. Try to rest up while YOU can...sounds like a busy week ahead!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Sounds like she is doing really well! I'm sure she will be back to her old self in no time at all. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
She may still feel nauseated from the anesthesia. But I'm happy to hear that she is ding well, otherwise. Speedy recovery sweet baby girl. :) Get some rest, Cheryl. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Glad to hear everything went well. As they come out of the effects of the anesthesia they may shiver etc, and the pain will sometimes make them 'contract' the muscles in their abdomen.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I am glad she is home safe and sound and things went well..

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Glad you got your baby home safe and sound with all the bad stuff behind her. They do charm the heck out of the vets and the helpers.. She will be a favorite everytime she goes in now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts