Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that Minka gets very cold very quickly, and shivers with the cold. Apart from that she is a picture of health, but i am having to carry her round in 2 blankets most of the time.
She also gets quite tired.
Is this coz she is 10 weeks old?
She is a very babyish puppy and very settled in but im just wondering what i should do about the coldness.
I'm getting her a coat but all of them are 8" long and i need around 4/5.
Anyone know any websites that sell small coats?

Love n hugs
:angel1:
Sydney and Minka xXx

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Deano shivers some times not often though. deano is really small too - hes 2 but still really small i need to find a small dog coat too (hes not as small as puppy size tho like 4/5 hes very light and only diddy but obviously bigger than a puppy lol) anyway me dragging on....
Hope your baby stops shivering and gets all cozy and warm! 8)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
luvmypuppet said:
how is she eating? shivering and tiredness may be a sign of hypoglycemia
:shock: ummm... i Think its ok, she has dry food in her bowl all day and has half a sachet of wet food a day.... she sometimes does not eat all of it though...
and i have to sit next to her for her to eat it all.

Is Hypoglycemia serious? :shock: i dont really know much about it, sorry.
she is drinking fine.

Love n hugs
Sydney and Minka xXx

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
-x_Sydney_x- said:
Is Hypoglycemia serious? :shock: i dont really know much about it, sorry.
she is drinking fine.
PLEASE read all the stickies and articles in the Article section, Yes it can be serious. Keep Nutrical on hand :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
when my chis were tiny i cut the end off of a nice pair of thick ribbed women socks and put two holes where the arms would slide through worked perfect. In addition I had some nice ones with designs on them lol

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I had to make Gadget sweaters out of socks when he was way little... He was always shivering so I made the cllothes and he got nice and warm.. that was this past winter now that he is bigger he only shivers when he is cold.. usually in the evening when we have the windows open because it is too warm for us.. I made him some night shirts out of little baby t-shirts. He loves them and they are the perfect weight matterial and he loves them... sleeps in them all night.. then in the morning when he gets warm after getting up he wil take them off.. I know I wish I had a picture of it.. he is so cute but by the time I get the camera he has it off already...

good luck and God bless

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
I had to make Gadget sweaters out of socks He loves them and they are the perfect weight matterial and he loves them... sleeps in them all night.. then in the morning when he gets warm after getting up he wil take them off.. I know I wish I had a picture of it.. he is so cute but by the time I get the camera he has it off already...

good luck and God bless
You just HAVE to get a picture of that!! That needs to be your #1 priority right now (LOL). That sounds soooo cute.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I can't take credit for this because someone else said it long ago..

Go to a big craft store like Michael's and check out the teddy bear section. They sell sweaters to fit all sizes of bears and those work for the tiny chis.

Warmth doesn't cure hypoglycermia though, go read those articles like Kemo's Mama suggested.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
ozzysmom said:
they also shiver with excitedness and when nervous :wave:
that's what i wanted to say too !!!

when i took my babies to the market (spring weather ) everybody was saying poor babies look at them shivering ...i told them they were not shivering from the cold but from their face :twisted:

i get's me so boiled up ...that they are saying poor babies ,like i don't take good care of them or that i would let them freeze.

when they meet new people or go somewhere new ...they can act a little shiverish !!

:wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah i was thinking maybe she is just very excited and happy.. coz she is eating and having zoomies and sleeping and drinking and being tottaly normal apart from getting cold.. which seems to have eased off a bit now anyway...
But maybe i should give her some honey just in case?
How much do you think Kristen or nate?

Love n hugs
Sydney and Minky dinky minx :p
xXx

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
-x_Sydney_x- said:
Yeah i was thinking maybe she is just very excited and happy.. coz she is eating and having zoomies and sleeping and drinking and being tottaly normal apart from getting cold.. which seems to have eased off a bit now anyway...
But maybe i should give her some honey just in case?
How much do you think Kristen or nate?

Love n hugs
Sydney and Minky dinky minx :p
xXx
just a pea sized amount. and i wouldn't do it unless she isn't eating. but it's controversial some do it every few hours and some beleive that only if they aren't eating and their sugar is low.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
chimom said:
Gadget's Mom said:
I had to make Gadget sweaters out of socks He loves them and they are the perfect weight matterial and he loves them... sleeps in them all night.. then in the morning when he gets warm after getting up he wil take them off.. I know I wish I had a picture of it.. he is so cute but by the time I get the camera he has it off already...

good luck and God bless
You just HAVE to get a picture of that!! That needs to be your #1 priority right now (LOL). That sounds soooo cute.
I agree. Stop whatever else you are doing and get that pic!!! :D

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Frasier's Mommy said:
I can't take credit for this because someone else said it long ago..

Go to a big craft store like Michael's and check out the teddy bear section. They sell sweaters to fit all sizes of bears and those work for the tiny chis.
Lily has 2 of the teddy bear sweaters and they look adorable on her (duh). :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts