Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy was I surprised - shocked - today! My (business) neighbor brought a shih tzu puppy over for me to look at. She was thinking of buying it. So cute and cuddly - who could resist holding a puppy. So I held the puppy and chatted with her for about 5-10 minutes. I was, naturally, separated from my dogs during this time. I went over to her store to see the other puppy. The puppies were only 9 weeks old 3-4 pounds. When I came back Angel was very "excited!" He kept sniffing me, which is normal. So I let him sniff my hand. HE BIT ME!! He outright sniffed, then bit!! Took me totally by surprise! I couldn't believe it. Couldn't figure out why. At first I thought maybe it was my imagination. Maybe I just moved my hand quickly and got it caught on his tooth. LOL. About 30-40 minutes later, I sat on the floor and called him over to me to pet him and "make friends." Well, he sniffed and attacked me again!! He smelled my shirt and tried to bite me again!! I can't figure it out! I've never had a dog or puppy act like that!

I guess I'm going to have to burn my clothes! lol.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I would not tollerate that, that's possessiveness as to how to handle it properly , I'm not too sure

·
Registered
265 Posts
Only thing I can think is, perhaps he smelled your doggies from home on your clothes.
Blessings.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I can't blame him, I'm just as passionate about not supporting Pet Store Puppies!

LOL sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously though, I wouldn't tolerate it either... regardless of the *reason* the point is he was not showing you respect; and the behavior should be corrected if he ever does it again. The more he is able to successfully get away with, the more he will be lead to believe it is appropriate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.