Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question... when I'm exercising in my home, do I need to wear "exercise shoes"? I'm just wondering because I don't know if the shoes are necessary to provide stability or not.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
hehe good question!
i'm no expert but i don't wear showes when i exercise at home in terms of lifting weights, doing pushups, sit ups, stretches etc but when i run on the treadmill or ride the exercise bike i do wear shoes as its softer to run and takes the pressure of the knees and also for hygeine if i sweat ewwwww sounds gross hehehe!

What kind of exercise do you do?

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm starting out at a pace that won't kill me. I have this dvd I'm going to use, and it's pretty much just walking in place, doing kicks, knee lifts, stretching arms, walking to the left/right, walking forward/backward.

You'd think "oh walking in place isn't so bad!" Well, it's got me sweating and my heart racing, which IS what I'm going for!! :D

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I'm so proud of you girl!!! I'm lazy and don't wear shoes at home when I exercise, but you really should! Especially for any kind of walking. Like Tash said, much better on the knees and for stability as well.

Don't feel bad Crystal, I still get winded from running up and down the steps to do laundry. No first floor laundry in this house. Slow and steady is my motto. You'll be surprised how fast your body gets used to it.:coolwink:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
shoes are a must when your lifting weights. u definitely dont want the weights to fall on your toes let alone your shoes...OUCH. always always becareful when exercising so you dont pull anything. i am thinking of starting my exercises back up again since i have a treadmill in the garage that's been dusting away and also weights and a bench next to it. also when your working out wear sweaters and long pants, the more you sweat the more weight you lose and calories burned :albino: even in the vids you see and also in gyms everyone wears shoes even if it's inside. i think it's better that you wear them just to be safe from pulling your foot or just moving in the wrong way that will damage you in the long run like your ankles and calves/joints. if you want to lose more more weight and go all the way you can create a sauna in your bathroom by leaving the hot water running while your in there and sweat sweat sweat that fat out ;) no more than 15/20 mins though or you'll get heat exhaustion and we wont be hearing from you again :(

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
shoes are a must when your lifting weights. u definitely dont want the weights to fall on your toes let alone your shoes...OUCH. always always becareful when exercising so you dont pull anything. i am thinking of starting my exercises back up again since i have a treadmill in the garage that's been dusting away and also weights and a bench next to it. also when your working out wear sweaters and long pants, the more you sweat the more weight you lose and calories burned :albino: even in the vids you see and also in gyms everyone wears shoes even if it's inside. i think it's better that you wear them just to be safe from pulling your foot or just moving in the wrong way that will damage you in the long run like your ankles and calves/joints. if you want to lose more more weight and go all the way you can create a sauna in your bathroom by leaving the hot water running while your in there and sweat sweat sweat that fat out ;) no more than 15/20 mins though or you'll get heat exhaustion and we wont be hearing from you again :(

LOL. You make me laugh. I've totally done the sauna thing. It feels so good. Especially when you have something tight to put on that night. It melts it off. That is until you eat or drink anything, LOL.:coolwink:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
LOL. You make me laugh. I've totally done the sauna thing. It feels so good. Especially when you have something tight to put on that night. It melts it off. That is until you eat or drink anything, LOL.:coolwink:
lol my bf made me do it before...it did not feel good! i was sweating like a pig afterall...this was AFTER we went biking in a sauna suit like crazy nonstop...sheesh he's trying to kill me! and yes food and drinks....ohhhhhh how i love thee LOL :) it's so hard just to drink water...when there's so much out there yet to explore in these tastebuds of mine :daisy:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
lol my bf made me do it before...it did not feel good! i was sweating like a pig afterall...this was AFTER we went biking in a sauna suit like crazy nonstop...sheesh he's trying to kill me! and yes food and drinks....ohhhhhh how i love thee LOL :) it's so hard just to drink water...when there's so much out there yet to explore in these tastebuds of mine :daisy:
I'm so glad you're a night owl. You totally entertain me when I have these moments of sleeplessness.

Yes, my tastebuds love to explore also. That damn sauna about killed me too. I swear I almost passed out. My face was all red. Too funny. I'd rather wear a spanx than go thru that again.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
I'm so glad you're a night owl. You totally entertain me when I have these moments of sleeplessness.

Yes, my tastebuds love to explore also. That damn sauna about killed me too. I swear I almost passed out. My face was all red. Too funny. I'd rather wear a spanx than go thru that again.
i'm supposed to be sleeping! but i got up...right when i read this thread LOL...oh how i hate this forum sometimes...doesnt let me sleep/makes me late for work :( haha yea red faces are so funny. was it red like a tomato or red like an apple? :D what's a spanx? do u mean spandex? O_O; i wouldn't be caught dead wearing those. lol :foxes15:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
i'm supposed to be sleeping! but i got up...right when i read this thread LOL...oh how i hate this forum sometimes...doesnt let me sleep/makes me late for work :( haha yea red faces are so funny. was it red like a tomato or red like an apple? :D what's a spanx? do u mean spandex? O_O; i wouldn't be caught dead wearing those. lol :foxes15:
We've totally hijacked poor Crystal's thread but I'm sure she won't mind. It was red like an apple. Okay, a spanx is a piece of material that you wear under dresses or anything that you want to be smooth and not show any lines at all. I borrowed my girlfriend's for this wedding cuz my dress was a little tight and it was awesome. I will say though, I'm much more comfortable without it on but if you need it, it's great!!!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
We've totally hijacked poor Crystal's thread but I'm sure she won't mind. It was red like an apple. Okay, a spanx is a piece of material that you wear under dresses or anything that you want to be smooth and not show any lines at all. I borrowed my girlfriend's for this wedding cuz my dress was a little tight and it was awesome. I will say though, I'm much more comfortable without it on but if you need it, it's great!!!
LOL oh! i totally forgot we were here LOL :x chats always get so interesting i lose track on where i'm typing hehe. sorry! hmmm i've never heard of those before...interesting! okay back to the subject...

shoes on! :daisy: and socks too :albino: speaking of socks, have you ever heard of toe socks?

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
LOL oh! i totally forgot we were here LOL :x chats always get so interesting i lose track on where i'm typing hehe. sorry! hmmm i've never heard of those before...interesting! okay back to the subject...

shoes on! :daisy: and socks too :albino: speaking of socks, have you ever heard of toe socks?
Yes, but I don't have any. Do you have them???

Crystal, shoes on!!! That's what we've decided in all this chatting at 4 in the morning on your thread!!! LOL.:coolwink:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
LOL omg you guys kill me! you're so funny. i think that 4am chats make you crazy hahahaha. I so know what you're talking about Robin, my mum has tried to wear them under dresses to help keep everything tone and tight HAHA too funny but try going to the bathroom and then trying to get back into it LOL.

Oh yeh anyway shoes on :D
at home i get lazy when i'm doing stretches and light weights, push ups sit ups etc but shoes should really be on hey. Way to go Crystal for getting into the exercise, i really should get back into it too!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
LOL! the first time i've heard of them was from the bf lol. he wants a pair but i always call him weird for it

i think they would look really weird on him....he has such strange tastes sometimes...guess that's why he's with me :albino:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
LOL omg you guys kill me! you're so funny. i think that 4am chats make you crazy hahahaha. I so know what you're talking about Robin, my mum has tried to wear them under dresses to help keep everything tone and tight HAHA too funny but try going to the bathroom and then trying to get back into it LOL.

at home i get lazy when i'm doing stretches and light weights, push ups sit ups etc but shoes should really be on hey. Way to go Crystal for getting into the exercise, i really should get back into it too!
i think so too! haha :eek: im also hungry at the moment :( what a terrible mix. well when you do stretches shoes off! for some stretches esp. the ones where you touch your "toes" what if u stepped on chi poo...ew! :daisy: we should all exercise and update on our progress! hip hip hooray!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts

LOL. Yea, too hard to get on and off. Thank god I've lost some weight now and I don't need it but just wait. I'm forty now and in decent shape but I would have never considered wearing it at you girl's ages!!! You and Pigeon are usually the only ones on when I can't sleep. Thank God!!!
LOL! the first time i've heard of them was from the bf lol. he wants a pair but i always call him weird for it

i think they would look really weird on him....he has such strange tastes sometimes...guess that's why he's with me :albino:
Pigeon, my hub is the same way. He wants a pair of those flip flops (Kenneth Cole) that only wraps around the toe. He's very "metrosexual". I keep telling him he will look so weird but he thinks they are cool and he is quite comfortable with himself. I buy those socks for my girls, they love them!!!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
OMG TOE SOCKS!! I so have some of them!!! I'm going to put them on and take a photo! I used to love them when i was a kid but now i have fat toes and don't fit in them so well HAHAHHAA

Don't talk about stepping on poop, that's happened before!! lucky i have grown up girls now that do it in the right spot LOL. I like the idea of doing it together :D

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
OMG TOE SOCKS!! I so have some of them!!! I'm going to put them on and take a photo! I used to love them when i was a kid but now i have fat toes and don't fit in them so well HAHAHHAA

Don't talk about stepping on poop, that's happened before!! lucky i have grown up girls now that do it in the right spot LOL. I like the idea of doing it together :D
LOL! cool i;'ve never tried those..maybe i'll try my bf when he gets a pair one day...rofl! yea take a pic! :D i'm sure your toes arent fat! >.<

lol ive stepped in it too its okay. there goes that toothbrush...lol :daisy: yay! we should have a thread just for it ^_^

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
LOL. Yea, too hard to get on and off. Thank god I've lost some weight now and I don't need it but just wait. I'm forty now and in decent shape but I would have never considered wearing it at you girl's ages!!! You and Pigeon are usually the only ones on when I can't sleep. Thank God!!!

Pigeon, my hub is the same way. He wants a pair of those flip flops (Kenneth Cole) that only wraps around the toe. He's very "metrosexual". I keep telling him he will look so weird but he thinks they are cool and he is quite comfortable with himself. I buy those socks for my girls, they love them!!!
hehe hoot hoot~ :D well my guy is def. not metro he's just got weird taste in clothes...like...camo stuff haha :p i bet ur girls look adorable in those socks! you should take a pic of them in it just for kicks one day :D

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Hey girls, check out the exercise buddies needed thread. We all kind of inspire each other and keep track of our weight loss (if you're trying to lose). It's awesome. Really good motivation!!!

Crystal, did we mention to wear shoes??? Will you forgive us for taking over your thread in the middle of the night???:foxes15::foxes15::foxes15:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts