Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ginger sporting her new snow shoes. Before you all get any idea's that maybe I am tourturing my dog (because in reality she doesnt really care for them) my vet told me today that I really need to stick some sort of shoe on both Tequila and Ginger.

I had Ginger outside today to potty and she started to scream. I noticed she was licking her paws when I picked her up. I told the vet and she said that its just too cold outside for them to be out without any protection. I have sweaters and coats (boy do I have a lot of those) but she said shoes were just as important.

Kylie has fuzzy feet so she is not bothered by the snow.

Anyway my poor girls are slowly getting use to them. Ginger just wore them outside to potty and she did go...she is still high-stepping but she seems more comfortable in them now.

I really need to relocate to the desert...lol.

Oh, I also tried the whole paper-training inside....didnt work. i tried all last winter and they never caught on. Even when they did potty on the pad they acted like they did something wrong. *sigh* I still have a litter pan and TONS of potty pads in my closet...lol.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
They look adorable.
She doesn't look too thrilled but I'm sure she'll get use to them.
Don't feel bad about putting them on her, you are doing it to protect her, not hurt her.
You're a great Momma!! :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Our weather never gets to freezing so we don't have to worry. But if you live in a very cold climate it would seem like the right ( and kind thing) to do . I'm sure that they'll get used to them in no time. They have a very caring mommy :)

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a zipper and velcro that holds her little paws in place. Actually I went to just slide them off and they wouldnt come off! I had to take the velcro off.

Yeah Anna it has to be just as cold by you as it is by me. Its 0 degress outside right now :shock:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
That's so adorable! Where did you get the shoes? I think Tito would be very happy to get some. And I am going to be buying Marley a fleece jacket. Poor little guy gets a lot more cold outside than I would have thought. He's 1/2 Beagle, but apparently that doesn't make a difference. The 1/2 of him that is Chi says, "It's COLD Out Here, Mom!"

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
AEROMarley1983 said:
That's so adorable! Where did you get the shoes? I think Tito would be very happy to get some. And I am going to be buying Marley a fleece jacket. Poor little guy gets a lot more cold outside than I would have thought. He's 1/2 Beagle, but apparently that doesn't make a difference. The 1/2 of him that is Chi says, "It's COLD Out Here, Mom!"
PetEdge has them. I don't know where Angel5218 got hers though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My hubby keeps saying my baby doesnt need a coat and sweaters, I buy boots and he'll really think I've lost it! But on the other hand if my vet said I needed them, i'd buy 3 pairs! lol I have noticed Pharaohs feet get a bit cold sometimes, wonder how he would take to some socks?? :shock: :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you live in snow, socks are not good...they'll be soaked. Fibi won't keep anything on her feet inside the house. They'd have to be elastic really tight...but that would probably cut off her circulation, so probably not a good idea! lol! I did buy Fibi some leg warmers from Icing...that didn't go over well.

I only bought Fibi the boots becaue we're going up into the snow and I don't want her pads to crack from the snow...painful! Plus, I wouldn't want to go outside barefoot in the cold.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Well they look adorable but most important they are for her own good even though she may not be crazy about them. I complain bitterly about the summer heat but i guess I am lucky to live where it is always warm cause I don't see Auggie ever putting up with clothes or shoes :roll:

·
Registered
125 Posts
She looks so cute. Where did you get those?

I was having the same problem today. Its freezing and raining here in texas and my little dogs didnt even want to go outside so I had to get them used to boots today. My yorkie got good at walking in her shoes but my chi hates them. Heres my yorkie in hers today:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts