Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys had a preference from short Haired to Long Haired.
I really dont know what i Like I have all Short hair but am thinking Long because they are all so beautiful :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Long coat!!!! They are prettier to me and poops don't get stuck if you feed a good enough diet :) just waiting for their coats to come in is annoying

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I like SC because I think you have a better idea what they will look like as an adult earlier. LC take soooooo long to grow into themselves, but are 100% more gorgeous IMO once grown! I am in love with the LC now but never used to like them.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I prefer short coats. :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I like SC because I think you have a better idea what they will look like as an adult earlier. LC take soooooo long to grow into themselves, but are 100% more gorgeous IMO once grown! I am in love with the LC now but never used to like them.
Not that you're impatient about coat growth??!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I only liked short coats until I got my long coat, now I don't think I would buy another short coat again.
It's been the opposite for me. I've always had really long coated dogs, (not chi's, mind) but now after having short coats, I really prefer them. While both are lovely, I like the way short coats look better. I think it's so cute seeing their defined little shapes. :D I've noticed too that of the long coats, I always prefer the ones that aren't double coated, I definitely prefer the single layer LC.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
LC all the way! :D

I'm impatient about coat growth, too. Tucker has an amazing coat at 2 (and has since he was under a year), but Emma's coat is growing in much slower. I can't wait to see what she looks like with a full coat.

I do love the look of the SCs as well... but I think the LCs are prettier. I always want at least one of each!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Definitely long-coats for me, they look so beautiful. And Alfie never gets any poo stuck in his furry knickers lol.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
It's been the opposite for me. I've always had really long coated dogs, (not chi's, mind) but now after having short coats, I really prefer them. While both are lovely, I like the way short coats look better. I think it's so cute seeing their defined little shapes. :D I've noticed too that of the long coats, I always prefer the ones that aren't double coated, I definitely prefer the single layer LC.
Same here, I've had a Poodle for eons and those coats are work!
The long coat Chi to me is very minimal work, I don't even brush Bijou.. :lol:
His fur never gets tangly.
I do think he is single coat though he is not as dense fur wise as many long coated Chi's I see on here.

I just love how silky soft his fur is! it's like snuggling a cotton ball :D

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Same here, I've had a Poodle for eons and those coats are work!
I had a Pom, omg, it was endless work! :lol:

The long coat Chi to me is very minimal work, I don't even brush Bijou.. :lol:
His fur never gets tangly. I do think he is single coat though he is not as dense fur wise as many long coated Chi's I see on here. I just love how silky soft his fur is! it's like snuggling a cotton ball :D
Aw he does have a really soft cotton ball look to him. :) He looks single LC to me too.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I think I am more partial to LC after getting Chibi, He is so fluffy and soft =)

·
Registered
768 Posts
i have 2 long coats.. i orginally wanted short coats but my bf was having none of it! he then agreed to having a long coated chihuahua! i still would like a short coat chi so i can have one of each :)
Lola was recently spayed... they shaved off all her tummy hair, she looks really scruffy atm, cant wait 4 it to grow back! she had a stunning coat!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts