Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

Just another one if my nmany questions I'd like to ask you guys. I shall be taking my puppie home when he is 10 weeks and wondered how many shots, etc he will need to have before he can go outside or mix with other animals. I am not sure if he will already of had any when I pick him up and am going to call my breeder so and ask.

2 weeks and 5 days today :)

*vicky*

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Vicky, ideally you should wait about a week until all shots are completed, assuming you are going by the 8, 12, 16 method (DHPP at all 3, bordatella at 12, rabies at 16, with spacing in between vaccines), she should be ready to hit the ground running with other dogs at 16 (4 months) weeks. Anytime before this puts her a much greater risk for serious infection of many diseases. Like I mentioned to someone before, if you are really concerned about socializing, at least do it in the safety of your own home, only with dogs that you know to be fully vaccinated and healthy, it is still a risk, but a lower one.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Well..i don't know my chi's shi* once or twice a day =) Just kidding I realize your typo!

Anyways, the third DHPP booster and 16 week Rabies is a 1 year vaccination. The next year, both will be good for 3 years. Bordatella/Lepto/Lyme are on a as needed basis. For dogs in Los Angeles, if they are not boarded or at dogparks often, we recommend annual vaccination, for dogs at greater risk, every 6 months is recommended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts