Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was finally called back to work. I have been laid off from my job for a year and a half. Why am I not happy? Cause I have to leave my little man home alone during the day. I don't start until Sept so I have time to help him get used to it.

Do you have any suggestions for toys or things to leave for him to help him pass the time? I do have a puzzle for him but it takes him about 30 seconds to find the snacks... lol

What would help him pass the time?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Buy him kong toys where you can slip treats into the hole. You can also buy new puzzles for him. What I do is hide treats throughout my room and all night tiny searches for them or goes to sleep. Penny is crate trained so she stays in there. I hope this helps you! :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
One nice thing is you have a month to get him used to keeping himself busy before you return to work. I would definitely start making trips out and about to start getting him ready for the upcoming new routine. I would also look into maybe getting an x-pen or two (You can hook them together for larger space) if you don't think he can keep himself safe while you are away.

Congrats on being called back to work.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I especially like playmate...lol... but my husband is not persuaded!

I am pretty confident he will be safe. Mostly I was worried about bored but I think I will have to take your good advice and be sure he gets to run and exercise in the morning. I am not a morning person but I will just have to bite the bullet and do it for Paco.

I like the idea of hiding some treats (and I was thinking some of his favorite toys) for him to find during the day too.

I am probably overthinking the whole thing. I tend to do that. If I run with him before and after work there probably won't be any problems.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I just got a new little Persian kitten and I'm telling you her and Charlie play all day long. I can even manage to get a few things done now without Charlie constantly wanting my undivided attention. Maybe your husband would not be so opposed to a kitten as a playmate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.