Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what kinds of Veggies are "safe" to feed Chi's? Should I even start to give Peanut some Veggies or will that make him not want to eat his Kibbles anymore?

The reason why I would want to feed him Veggies sometimes (maybe once a week) is to change the flavor of his food. Is this a bad idea???

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget loves cauliflour, and the carrots and peas in his canned food... only if I put it in the micro for 10 seconds before he eats it...

I gave him a raw carrot one time and he hated it....

He loves apples...

I heard melons are good for them... I want to try watermelon this summer.. I love watermelon... it is really good when we go to the river all day...

not sure what other veggies are good for dogs.. i have a list of bad foods tho... let me find it and I will post it..

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
my Chi's love all vegies broccoli is a favorite. i dont give them onions and they love fruits too and thier favorite extraodinary treat is peanut butter i dont give it that often

·
Registered
313 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
I believe onions and garlic can be very bad, if not fatal, to dogs. Lily won't touch raw carrots but she'll sometimes eat them if they've been cooked in chicken broth. Celery too.
Gosh! i really hope thats not true, my nan gives all her doggys Garlic supliments for fleas and it gets rid of them very well...
I'll try and read upon that :)

Love n hugs

S xXx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.