Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating on getting my hair cut again. Right now it is layered just about shoulder length, it takes forever to grow. At work I mostly keep my hair pulled back as it bothers me on my neck (too hot) and just irritates me. I like having it short as it's easier to deal with, dry etc, harder to style as there's like only 1 or 2 ways to do it, although hardly ever style my hair anyways. But really should. Hubby likes it either way, says it's up to me, he likes the fact he can run his hands through my hair & play with it when it's longer. But fell in love with me with shorter hair :) What do you think? I'd probably go as short or just a little longer than my wedding picture, which was what I was aiming for when I got it cut last year (see pics below) but the lady totally flubbed it up.

At my Wedding 5 & 1/2 years ago:

About a year ago:

I cut my hair that day after growing it out for 4 years!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I am biased as I have had long hair most of my life.
I kept it around my waist till I got pregnant with
my first son.I cut it so he couldnt pull it.
Long hair is a womans "crowning glory" and truthfully......
it turns a lot more guys on.Yes I know your married and
I love your dress! Pretty!! You rarely see women with
very long hair nowadays.It makes you stand out from the rest.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I just got my hair done tonight and my hair dresser said that longer hair is in style right now, so I only got a trim and a foil.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I've had long hair all my life. It was down to my butt until I was 35. Now it's mid way down my back. So I'm a bit biased too. I say keep it long. But I do have to say that you look very good with short hair. Not everyone does. So I think either choice would be fine.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Yeah i am pro long hair, mine is slightly past my bum. lol
It can be a pain at times, but i would feel naked without it, plus it keeps me warm. haha!!

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
well, when I was younger I always had long hair... but now that I am 50-something... I don't think I look good in long hair, makes me look older. Since having chemo treatments I have really thin/dry hair now also....

I really like your wedding pic hairstyle you look very good in it(makes you look 'classy') but not the last pic short hairstyle(no offense)... I might even take your first pic to get my haircut like that :)

good luck in your decision.... let us see a pic of the 'final product' if you get it cut...

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I had long hair when I was little but now kep it about shoulder leneth or a bit longer I must have enough hair for a ponytail or Im not happy lol I personally like your hair in the first pic best it really suits you...

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I like your hair in the first pic best. Lovely wedding pic, btw, you look so pretty. :)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I've always had long hair & since I'm getting older been thinking about a change. My mom has always told me to cut it short, but my hubby loves it long. It's midway down my back past my bra strap. I'd like to cut it, but I know I'd regret it. Do what makes you feel good. I think you look darling with it short.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My only problem is my hair is naturally curly. This is what it looked like on the back the last time I got it cut:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I straighten it, it lasts for about 1/2 a day lol, then curls out, I have more curl in one side than the other.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Try to find a stylist who has hair like yours. My daughter has curls and has had much
better luck by going to someone who "understands" her hair :)

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
I say cut it like this :)

It looks fresh and hip, which is always good for us as we get a bit older. I am getting ready to get some of mine chopped. :)
Cherper, I LOVE that cut...! it certainly would look GREAT... I am taking that one with me to get mine cut like that....

Naturally Curly? LUCKY!!!! I have the straightest of straightest hair :( cut it short and let it do its own thing :)

Have you tried using a program that replaces hairstyles without you actually getting it cut??.... then you can try them out before 'buying'....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts