Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please , please give me some advice. Should I stud smiffy as I got him from Mike Gadsby and has good champion lines in his pedigree.
If so where could I obtain info regarding it?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello :wave: Soon2bechiowner I have just re-read what you have wrote and misunderstood, I have never shown Smiffy but I have somewhere a pic of him sideways.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I know of Mike Gadsby, you can google him and find the shows hes bin attending, from your photos smiffy looks like a fine example. If you want to find information regarding studding, I would just do a search on the internet, just read as many resources as you can as some may not be that accurate. Maybe Mike would be willing to give you some advise. I guess you should find out all about the studding process, and look into creating some kind of contract to protect yourself legaly.
Hopefully some one who has a stud will be able to give you some good advice
mia
x

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
great shots, im no expert, but i cant see anything wrong with him, ive read about the breed standard in a few chi books, but i dont think this helps much as its all really just described in "words", sometimes i see pictures of show winners and i think, well they dont look quite right to me.
Have you checked on amazon to see if there are any books on studing, if not you could get one on dog breeding as this should talk in detail about the studding process.
how much does he weigh? most people will want a smaller stud than their bicth. Hmm that about all i can think of, maybe post the pictures in the showing and confirmation forum, so people on there can comment.
But i really dont see a problem with studding him, i have seen pictures of studs on the internet ad sites and smiffy looks to be more suitable than alot of them. like theres one very tiny dog i always see come up, who appears to have an arched back, which i read was a "fault".
mia
x

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
awwww he is gorge i was thinking about studding jacob but i dont think i could let some1 else look after his babies id wanna lol i didnt know you got him off of mike how long have you had him he is stunning have you never thought about showing him?

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Ory&C said:
Looks very beautiful, I like the head! Perhaps you should try showing him first and you'll see how it goes.....
exactly what i was thinking he is real nice i reckon if your keen on the whole showing idea to give him a go i must say he is gorgous and he of a good standard in my eyes

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the advice, I just don't know how Smiffy would do if I showed him as he is 2 now and is only just happy to go on a lead..He isn't to friendly with strangers aswell..
There is a local dog show on sat but I can't take him as I am working., that would of been a good opportunity.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks but I think my husband may be taking him. Well as you sat we can only give it a go. :lol:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
He is beautiful, I would go to doginfo.com look up matches in your area bring him. have him evaluated. I would suggest that to anyone wanting to breed or show

1 - 20 of 20 Posts