Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jojo peed in his kennel yesterday morning
And a Nylabone was in there. It got urine on it. Is it safe if I just wash it? Or should I jusy throw it away?
I usually throw the "stuffed" toys but I've never had it be a Nylabone.
This probably is a dumb question, lol sorry.

·
Registered
488 Posts
It depends on how long it was in the urine, I think. If you noticed it quickly and immediately washed it, it shouldn't absorb the smell. If it was there for a while or it has been sitting unwashed, it could have a very small amount of urine smell. Not enough for you to notice, most likely, but if you think it will make Jojo more likely to pee in the crate, toss it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't wash it right away I was a bit fustrated since last week he peed Sunday evening. And this time he peed either late Sunday night or early Monday morning.
He was doing so well not peeing (he was the slowest dog to learn/teach) and I hope it doesn't become a "pee once a week in his kennel" thing.
But I will be throwing the Nylabone

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is that he was doing so well (other than 2 weeks ago) that I started having trust in him to have a Nylabone. When he was in "training" I wouldn't leave anything just him and a pee pad. Then he moved to a towel and than a blanket. I then added a "stuffed" toy. Then I felt he would be okay with a Nylabone.
I was wrong and I probably will leave the Nylabone only when I'm watching over him. But I still like to leave him a "stuffed" toy sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts