Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love love some opinions girls :)

Everyone knows that I've been trying to get my bf to get me another chi since I got Lina lol (can't help myself lol). I finally decided that I wanted a chocolate male straight from the breeder this time (a good breeder). Well, I'm not completely sure that's how it's going to be this time around.

When my bf got home from work tonight he was telling me about his co-worker who has 2 chihuahuas (one of which he just got about a month or 2 ago), and how they (him and his girlfriend) want to get together with us sometime this weekend to let the "kids" play lol. Well, while telling me this he also told me that this same co-worker is looking to re-home the newer chi because she doesn't like him (the chi doesn't like the co-worker). He said that she just growls and barks at him all the time. Since he knows that we're chihuahua people (lol) he asked my bf if we would interested in "adopting" (buying) her. The dog is named Frito and is 6 months old. She is colored like Lilo but short like Lina. She's not spayed but she's had all her shots. She supposedly gets along fine with kids and dogs but can't stand my bfs co-worker lol. This guy is asking $200 for her (which I didn't think was bad for her age and the fact that she's not spayed). Sounds like a given that I would want her right? Wrong. I'm a little undecided about the whole thing.

I had decided when we got another chi that it would be a male and chocolate colored. I was also hoping to get one straight from the breeder (a good breeder). This dog is not at all what I was looking for.

Then again, I did tell my bf that I would think about it. But, I didn't want him to just buy the pup without her staying with us for a few days to see how she gets along with our kids and how well she gets along with Lina. Because Lina was here first and if she doesn't like her, then I don't want to put her under any stress. My bf already told the guy that would have to take her for a couple days to see how she would react to everything here and all that jazz. Maybe I'm just meant to have her instead of a boy right now? I'm a firm believer in fate. It was for sure fate that Lina came to me and maybe it's fate that I have another girl chihuahua. I don't know though. What do you guys think??

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
when I was looking for a smooth haired girl when ozzy was 6 months - I searched high and low and one day there was a knock at the door and my breeders were there with lily saying she didnt get on with the Mom and would we beinterested in her - well I had my heart set on a smooth coat but when i saw her little face I melted - you will know if you feel the same - but I still want my smooth coat so hopefully will be getting one end of year lol :lol: so you could try for your boy again later lol :lol:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Ohhhh a tricky sit! Not to be rude but what makes u think she will like u anymore than she does the co-worker??????????? Don't just nhave the girl coz u feel sorry for her. If u have a gut feeling 4 her get her otherwise just look for ur boy. even saying if u have the girl u cud always search 4 a boys aswell! Sorry if its a bit harsh

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Try it out and see...that is the best way to find out!

I too want a smoothcoat...but i want a Brindle...female...

Yea, hubby who complained of Gizmo the other night then felt like a jerk after...LOL....he wants one like that...

But definately try her out, see how she is with the other babies... :wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i would do it on a trial base !! keep him for the weekend or something .........frito ??? i hope if you get him you will rename him :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know that she will like us any more than she will like the co-worker. That's why I told my bf that we need to do a visit before and try her out (sounds like I'm talking about a car lol) with the kids and Lina. I wouldn't be taking her just because I feel sorry for her. I don't really feel sorry for her. I know they treat her well, their other chi is spoiled rotten. She just doesn't get along with the co-worker, so they want to re-home her. I know to go with my gut, if I want her when I see her, there won't be any stopping me lol but if I can live without her then it wasn't meant to be.

If I get her, we will certainly be changing that name lol I thought it was dumb when my bf told me that's what they named her lol. Then again, they have a chip theme going one, the other one is Nacho lol

Thanks for everyones opinion. I think the guy is supposed to bring them to work with him tomorrow. I'm going to go up and see them with Lina and stuff. So, I'll get an idea then. :) Thanks again girls :wave:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Keeping her for the weekend is a good plan. That will give you a good indication of how she will fit in with your family. The price sounds very reasonable.

I'm a believer in fate too, and I think you will know when you see her if it was meant to be. Go with your gut instinct. I've found when I do that, things usually turn out for the best.

If the visit works out, and you fall in love with her, you can always look for your chocolate male later.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I was heart set on anything other than another tri-color and look what I got another tri-color......... :D

I want a choc-a black n white and a blue and a red and a silver....etc etc
someday :)

you will know when she comes for the weekend

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think my bfs co-worker is bring both his chi's to work with him tomorrow and if I'm lucky, we'll be able to take her for at least the rest of the weekend. The more I think about it, if you want the truth, the more excited I get. I know I was wanting a certain kind of chi, but ya'll are right. I can always get my male later on.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I agree the best way is to try them in your household but introduce them off bounderies and let them all go in house together. also if you bring your chis into their dwelling there may be an issue that is there domain.introduce off premises first is how i do it even if its out side your gate or theirs. Good luck

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Seren said:
What does Frito mean? :)
A Frito is a corn chip (like a potato chip or what you guys call crisps). It's pronounced like Free-toe, in case you were wondering. I actually don't think it's a bad name for a dog, though I wouldn't use it for one of my own. I always go with people names for my pets. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts