Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay people, I know I've been complaining(well not really complaining) about money for food and such, but my dad, bf, and I were thinking of getting another chi. This time a boy. And no we will not be breeding our Dixie with him. He will be fixed, as well Dixie. I have until July to make up my mind(my bf, Mark, was planning on buying me one as a 21st b-day present) The money thing won't be an issue, trust me.

It would be really great for Dixie so she can have a little playmate and we wouldn't have to worry about leaving her alone. I am a very responsible person. Shoot, I did always take care of Dixie 24/7, making sure she is ok, eats, drinks, isn't lethargic, etc. etc.

So.... Should we? If so, anyone know of great breeders here in North Cali?

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Yes definately if you have the chance to have one for your bday definately do it is great to have 2 for company etc , but remember it is double the vet bills, food, baskets, treats, toys and clothes lol they aint cheap :lol:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to sound all smug or what not, but we do have money. We have 3 dogs(2 being chihuahuas. 1 that we have had since he was 12 weeks and now he is 12 years old) and a cat all updated on shots and very well cared for. We do know the cons of owning a small breed and if we didn't have the money, we could have just left Dixie to die when she had her 2 hypo attacks. But please please please don't take it as an argument to your statement ozzysmom. I understand you completely. I am really not trying to sound like a *****. As far as I'm concerned, you give great advice and nice compliments!! :wave:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
sorry but I just added that as I would say to anyone I have 2 and it is double the cost of one , i am speaking form personal experience plus i was also going on your comment :

I know I've been complaining(well not really complaining) about money for food and such

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ozzysmom said:
sorry but I just added that as I would say to anyone I have 2 and it is double the cost of one , i am speaking form personal experience plus i was also going on your comment :

I know I've been complaining(well not really complaining) about money for food and such
I said the 'well not really complaining' part because I am not the one complaining. My mom is. I said that in one of my other posts(below). I am just as happy to buy my dogs and cat whatever. That's who I spend whatever money I get on.

MsStephanie said:
luvmypuppet- I understand where you're coming from, it's just that if my momma weren't so cheap :lol: , I'd stick with RC. Dixie is supposedly her dog, but she doesn't take care of her like I do. I do everything from changing her water to changing her pee/poo area. My mom thinks that just cuz she pays the vet bills, Dixie is hers. I'm bout ready to pull my hair out bc of her. :lol: The last two bags of RC were purchased by me(we bought 3 in total). You gotta know I don't have a job, I am only 20, and my means of money are from my bf. I would get one, but I'm in school for nursing and I always had a job since I was 15.

But I guess I'll stick to the RC. Time to bug the bf.. LOL

Thanks for everyone's input!! :hello2: :thumbup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
joebeans said:
Simmer down ladies! :D :coffee2:
There's no preoblem here. I have absolutely nothing against ozzysmom. I do not know her. I will respect each and everyone's say on my question. She gave me hers, and we're good :thumbright: ! :D And if I did have a problem, I'd just PM her and not make a whole thread on an argument. I've seen a a lot of people bashing other people on here and I just don't want to give my time to that. :wink: :hello2:

·
Registered
321 Posts
new pup?

hello :wave: yes it cost a little more for additional pets however chi's don't eat alot and they can share toys, collars , leashes if your chi has clothes they can share those too the only real extra expense is vet bills and if you shop around you might be surprised at how vet fee's vary and you could save money there :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts