Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have an older Chi? A senior? A Chi that's, well, let's say 8 or older?
Please post a pic or two and tell us about them. I look forward to all of the
years and different stages I have with Tabitha and Jerry.
Show us how wonderful it is to share your life with a Senior Chi-tizen (Citizen)!

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Well you all know my Cookie. He's 14 this May. I got him as a pup when I was just 17. He's been through thick and thin with me. College, my first job, numerous boyfriends and sad break ups lol. Everything.

I love him to bits, he's a bit snappy in his old age and can't move around like he used to. I have to lift him up and down off things. He has hardly any teeth left and he is going slowly blind :-(

Cookie is epileptic but his seizures are spaced very far apart. He went two years before having a seizure recently.

Cookie as a pup with his breeder

Cookie now

And the old gang. We had Tigger the cat and Benny my other Chi. Tigger and Benny passed away withing a year of eachother. Both were pts in my arms.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
oh, i cant wait to see the response to this thread. i have been considering adopting an older Chi, he is 10 years old. his previous owner can not keep him anymore , she went into a nursing home. i've only seen pics of him , he looks adorable

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marie--Thank you for posting about Cookie! He is one of my favorite Senior Chi's :)

Elaina--Please keep us posted about the possible adoption.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I adore Cookie - he's the king.

It's hard to believe that Joie is 9 years old - as best I can determine - when I got him he was 3.

Not quite a 'senior' I guess. He's not slowing down too much, but there is
some greying on his face.

I love him to bits.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts

Here is Chico my Chi before Lily who lived till he was 17,with a heart murmur from the age of 6

this is Simba he's 13 like Marie's he's had loads of teeth out,had seizures has trouble getting up sometimes,and his hearing and eyes aren't too good.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
My hubby and I rehomed a senior chi 10 weeks ago:
Her name is Hannah Bananas. She is 9.5yrs old.
She has arthritis and luxating patellas in both of her
back legs. No one knew of this condition until 3 weeks ago.
Hannah never had toys,chewies or other puppy things
growing up but she is slowly learning what they are now
and they make her very happy. She also did not know
what play,bath,or snack time was >>>she knew having lots of litters
and staying in her cage nearly 23hrs a day. She now
enjoys her life, seems happy and we spoil her rotten. We
call her our little Diva. As of last week she started playing
on the bed with Ralph,Jasper and I, she takes short walks,
and loves chewies and don't even think of leaving her out
of bath time or grooming time. She loves it all which
warms our hearts. Hannah is loved like never before!!!!
She makes our home complete. :)

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I adore Cookie - he's the king.

It's hard to believe that Joie is 9 years old - as best I can determine - when I got him he was 3.

Not quite a 'senior' I guess. He's not slowing down too much, but there is
some greying on his face.

I love him to bits.

aww thanks Alan. I never knew Joie was older, it would be nice to know exactly how old he is. He still looks good though

·
Registered
3,056 Posts

Here is Chico my Chi before Lily who lived till he was 17,with a heart murmur from the age of 6

this is Simba he's 13 like Marie's he's had loads of teeth out,had seizures has trouble getting up sometimes,and his hearing and eyes aren't too good.
Simba is just like Cookie in so many ways. Chico was so beaitiful. 17 is a fantastic age to live to, you must have really looked after him.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Fancy

Fancy is our senior chi. She and her brother, Rio, came to us together in December of 1995. They were born October 21, 1995. Rio passed away March 6, 2009. Fancy will be 15 this coming October, Lord willing.

She suffers from joint discomfort of course, has only a few teeth left, and doesn't see as well as before..but our vet thinks she is pretty amazing for her age..

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Well you all know my Cookie. He's 14 this May. I got him as a pup when I was just 17. He's been through thick and thin with me. College, my first job, numerous boyfriends and sad break ups lol. Everything.

I love him to bits, he's a bit snappy in his old age and can't move around like he used to. I have to lift him up and down off things. He has hardly any teeth left and he is going slowly blind :-(

Cookie is epileptic but his seizures are spaced very far apart. He went two years before having a seizure recently.

Cookie as a pup with his breeder

Cookie now

And the old gang. We had Tigger the cat and Benny my other Chi. Tigger and Benny passed away withing a year of eachother. Both were pts in my arms.

Cookie has a gorgeous thick coat!!!! Wow, what a cutie!

Fancy is our senior chi. She and her brother, Rio, came to us together in December of 1995. They were born October 21, 1995. Rio passed away March 6, 2009. Fancy will be 15 this coming October, Lord willing.

She suffers from joint discomfort of course, has only a few teeth left, and doesn't see as well as before..but our vet thinks she is pretty amazing for her age..

Fancy, you are such a strong little girl!!!:)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Fancy and I both thank you for remembering her in such a nice way! She and I think old dogs and old folks rock!

Love you Fancy :) You were my inspiration for starting this thread...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Here's my baby boy, Boo. I got him in early 2000, so he's at (or about to be) 10 years old. Very healthy boy with absolutely no health issues as a youngster. Since Poppet's death, he went through a food sensitivity issue, but that has since gotten better. He's had some dental concerns in the past, but with the girls' arrival, is actually chewing on treats and chews (which he NEVER use to do), and I've noticed some of the tartar has cleared up as a result.

Overall, he's still pretty much the same as he always is except that he's slowed down in the past year a lot. Nothing healthwise. Just sticks closer to home and isn't as headstrong as he use to be.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Great thread.
They are all sweet as can be.
I love that pic of baby Cookie, OMG!!
He is still as cute today. xx

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Wonderful stories and pictures....all of the seniors are lucky dogs indeed, especially little Hannah, how wonderful to finally have a love filled home to finish her years in.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts