Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So saturday on my way home from work I got a massive headache, sinuses, and haven't felt good since, Tuesday it escalated into coughing my guts out mostly at night, last night I couldn't hardly sleep a wink was coughing all night long despite Nyquil. I have been doing twice a day sinus rinses (netti pot), 4x a day squirting colloidal silver nasal spray, 3x a day colloidal silver orally. Since Tuesday I have been doing 2 T ACV with honey in 8oz of Water a couple times a day. Have been using some homeopathic stuff, although today at lunch was able to go pick up some Chestal Honey cough stuff & a homeopathic nasal spray. Any other tips? The coughing is the worse part, I feel like a dog with kennel cough (honking) lmbo. Oh started with a humidifier Tuesday as well. I can't use Vicks or any other Menthol as Rob is severely sensitive to it asthmatic wise. I am BEYOND sick of coughing my guts out. Going to the Dr tomorrow but he's probably going to tell me to keep doing what I'm doing lol. He's the one who told me when I get sinus infections to do the saline rinses (I do them every day anyways), but adding the colloidal silver.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
The humidifier is great! You can take a big pot with water & add salt; boil; take a towel/blanket; lean over it & breath in the steam for as long as you can--you will sweat a lot. Or if you have access to a sauna (hot rocks would be best for the steam). I feel bad that you can't use Vix, as it seems to help a little. We're going through the same snotty heads here too. I just bought a Sauna & it should be coming any day. I find these sinus infections and snotty noses are the hardest things to get rid of. So many people in TN are filling the Drs. office with all the same symptoms and having to take more than 1 round of antibiotics. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
There's a lot of that stuff going around!!

Are you coughing up anything? If so, then help it along by adding some guafinessen (mucinex). You don't want that crud to settle in the bases of your lungs and cause pneumonia. We are seeing TONS of pneumonia around here.

Take care and go get a chest x-ray if things don't improve significantly! You may need extra support, such as antibiotics.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back from the Dr.....laryngitis, bronchitis, sinus infection. I'm to do what I've been doing although sinus rinses 4x a day until it starts clearing up, and added an expectorant to get rid of some of the crud. If I'm still sickly by Monday or seem worse going back for an xray. Supposed to drink lots of fluids (water that is). Also adding Vitamin C. I feel a little better this morning, my night wasn't near as bad last night with the coughing, it doesn't seem as deep of a cough. Dr did like the ACV I've been using said it's very helpful. Also supposed to get lots of rest over the next few days, and stay indoors as much as possible since the air quality is horrendous here.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I'm so glad you're going to get some relief. What is ACV? We might have to get some of that. We do all the sinus rinses, Mucinex, vix, tons of antibiotics, but just can't seem to shake this stuff. Can you please elaborate on the ACV?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apple Cider Vinegar, taking 2 tablespoons (Bragg's) in about 1/2 a glass of warm water along with about a tablespoon of honey taking it a couple times a day. Dean actually suggested it to me on facebook. My Dr explained no need for antibiotics as it's a virus so they don't really help, that's what the Colloidal Silver does as it's antibacterial/antivirus etc. I just have a nasty case of it lol. I haven't had a sinus infection for quite some time, a year ago I had like 1 every few months, that was when I started doing the sinus rinses.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
How do you take the collidal silver? I need to start doing the ACV, I just can't stand the taste. I was really sick last winter too with a really bad sinus infection. I've been pretty good this winter (knock on wood) but my hubby and twins are suffering terribly. I went to an allergy sinus hospital that put me on Atelin nasal spray & a steroid spray & told me to do the rinses, as well Zirtec, Mucinex & Ibuprophen. I'm supposed to take the Zirtec & Astelin for the rest of my life every day, but I don't feel that would give my body a chance to fight for itself so I haven't been taking anything for months and feel o.k., so far. haha

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I acutally put 2 tablespoons ACV, 1 T Honey & then a couple stevia packets in my water...that makes it more bearable :) My Dr took me off of the steroid nasal spray my previous Dr had me on as he felt it was creating a 'vicious' cycle, that's why I was so sick, and he recommended the saline rinses twice a day, 4x a day when I'm sick, I use only distilled water to rinse with. I have a nasal spray bottle I take the colloidal silver in (squirting up my nose 2 spritzes 4x a day when sick), and then I take it orally 1 teaspoon twice a day when sick. I take Zyrtec for my allergies as well as some homeopathic combo remedies that are designed kind of like allergy shots, they have some of the common allergens in them, like I have a Pet Dander one, and a General Allergy one I am taking, they have other ones as well: https://www.bioallers.com/category-exec/category_id/1027/nm/ba_7EAllergy_20Relief

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I never thought of using distilled water. We might have to start using that & see if that helps as my hubby uses a cpap, so we have distilled water. I'm going to check into the colloidal silver too. Thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yah if I use tap water it burns the DICKENS out of my nose due to the chlorine & other minerals in it. I use distilled water then warm it up by putting the bottle in the sink filled with hot water. I use the "ASAP Solution" Colloidal Silver. An 8oz bottle lasted me almost 2 years. It's the brand my Dr recommended. I just had to buy a new bottle yesterday. I've also used it on Zoey when she's been sick and my cats. That is one thing I LOVE about my Dr he's more into natural things and getting to the bottom of issues instead of just masking them with drugs.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Wish I could find a doctor like that. I've noticed none of the drs or pediatricians ever tell you to do rinses, use vix or none of the old-time remedies. They're always ready to prescribe antibiotics and schedule next visit! (Money, money, money) lol

Something else I just learned about the rinses. I thought that once you finished using the little packets of salt, you could use table salt, but my hubby's dr told him that these packets are measured out. Too much salt hurts the lining of your nose & not enough salt doesn't do you any good. Don't know how true this is, but I guess I'll start buying the packets, because I've been concerned about the lining of our noses from too many rinses.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Rest, rest rest and get well soon. There have been some terrible respiratory viruses this year. I've gone one round of it myself. The headache was what got me with it. I never have headaches, but I did with this.

Sounds as though you are doing about all you can. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I won't say I read this thread carefully but did see where you asked about something to stop the coughing. It appears you'd rather use natural products but since you said you're going to the doctor, I would think a cough medicine with codeine in it would fix your cough right up...
I do hope you're feeling better.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I won't say I read this thread carefully but did see where you asked about something to stop the coughing. It appears you'd rather use natural products but since you said you're going to the doctor, I would think a cough medicine with codeine in it would fix your cough right up...
I do hope you're feeling better.
Thank-you, I'm actually allergic/sensitive to Codeine. My doctor told me to try Robitussin if the coughing is too bothersome, in addition he is having me take Mucinex for an expectorant. My doctor is actually a Naturopath :).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts