Chihuahua People Forum banner

Sick baby

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Auggies Mom 
#1 ·
My chi Marcus is almost 4 months old and a few hours ago he started having diarrhea with traces of blood in it. Then about an hour ago he started throwing up. I called the vet and he said to give him Pedi-light and bring him in first thing in the morning. I am very concerned and wonder if I should take him to the emergency vet. Help!!!!!

#2 ·
Personally, I think I would take him in, but I'm paranoid having worked at a vet and knowing about all of the things that can go wrong first hand. If the vet says to take him in in the morning though, and you feel like you can make it that long, I would just keep an eye on him to make sure it doesn't get worse, and then take him.

I am very sorry to hear that your baby is sick :( Keep us updated on how the pup is doing!

#5 ·
We just got back and he got an IV and some stuff to stop the vomitting. They are running a fecal sample and I will get the results when I go in tomorrow. :? He is sleeping right now and I am going to try. Thanks for the advice I will keep you posted :sad4:

#8 ·
He is feeling a little better today. He woke up and was playing but then goes back to sleep. We are going back to the vet in an hour. He wants to eat but not drink. He is definitely acting better. :D I will keep everybody posted. My heart has started beating normaly again. :lol:

#11 ·
Hi everyone,
We just got back from the vet and all the tests came back negative. The vet said that he might have ingested something or has some kind of infection. He is on some antibiotics just in case. He is still tired but I think he will be fine. Thanks for all the concern! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.