Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - my senior dog Freddie, who will be 12 in January has not been feeling well today, he has been vomiting and I wanted to wait until tomorrow to see if he feels better before taking him to the vet. Well one time he went out to relieve himself and then we could not find him, until we looked under the shed and he was under there. I managed to find a pole and poked him out, but if we had left him there he would have died from exposure as I live in Canada. Is Freddie going under the shed a bad sign?:confused:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
YES!! Dogs that 'go away' have usually given up, and want to die, or are very afraid. Keep this dog close and see a vet ASAP if he isn't much better. Sue

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
oh gosh :( It is never a good sign when dogs go off and hide from us. I hope Freddie
is okay. Please let us know what the Vet has to say. I am keeping you and Freddie
in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I am with Sue also on this. Get your dog to a vet asap and keep a close watch in him in the mean time. He is obviously in some sort of distress.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
OH dear, how is Freddie today? Did you get him to the vet?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Agree with what others are saying,, don't sound good. Bless his lil'
fur heart. I have also heard that dogs will go off alone to pass on.
Hoping all is well.
Blessings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for all your wishes - today I took Freddie to the vet and while they were working on him, he passed away:( I know that if I had taken him in yesterday it would have made no difference the vet told me that they had just drawn some blood and it looked as if the problem was with his liver. I am grateful for the 11 years he gave us, he was a great dog.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Sometimes I think there is nothing more painful than the loss of a beloved pet. You will be in my prayers tonight.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Will be thinking of you. I am sure it hurts, but thinking of the great times and all of the love for eleven years will help some.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss.
I recently lost my sweet Kissa.
If you want to talk, I'm here.
HUGS

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi very sorry for the loss of wonderful freddie hope the sadness eases soon as you remember the fun times you had with him

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.