Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The cause of seizures could be alot of things but this episode sounds like it lasted a little while so i would absolutely be taking my dog in for tests. One of the causes is related to Cushings disease. My little Tiffany died from Cushings but for approx 5 years prior to her death she had to take medication for the seizures. I learned that the seizures are one of the symptoms associated with Cushings, along with obesity, a "pot bellied pig" appearance, a "pad" of fat along the back, extremely dry, itchy skin, and symptoms of hyperglycemia. The vet who you talked to sure didn't give you very professional advice in the my opinion. :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I just had another thought here....the spat your 2 dogs had..i believe the poodle could sense the impending seizure and this is what prompted the spat. Dogs will attack when one of them is acting out of the ordinary. For example if one of mine squawks because she got her foot stepped on, (for example) one of the others will jump on her growling aggressively.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.